Shopify unable to send order emails to store owner

hobbytrax
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello,

I'm really stuck with this problem. All was well with Shopify then recently we upgraded our domain from Plesk to cPanel because of a new feature we want to do in the future.

Our web host did all the data migration (not that it affected Shopify, just our emails) and after a few little problems we were back online again.

Everything works except shopify is unable to send emails from itself to anyone on the same domain. For example when an order arrives, shopify automatically sends an email from sales@hobbytrax.co.uk to sales@hobbytrax.co.uk and to the customer with the order details. They are reaching the customer but not getting to us.

I've even proved that creating a new customer, say customer@hobbytrax.co.uk and then trying to send an email to them via shopify doesn't work either (but it does if you send a normal email via an email client and does for any other customer)

All other emails seem to be working, it just won't send to anything on the same domain.

Previous to upgrading to cPanel we authenticated the domain using the CNAME and DMARC records and this still shows in shopify as being authenticated.

Our webhost isn't able to see anything wrong and say the settings are all the same as any other shopify site they host.

I'm a bit lost with all this, can anyone suggest how to fix this?

Many thanks,

Trevor.

Replies 4 (4)

ecomheroes_dev
Excursionist
60 1 2

@hobbytrax 

Hi
Did you check the spam folder for shopify order mails?
Please make sure the notification settings in Shopify for new order information are OK?
Please share screenshot for notification tab?

Thanks

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants
Hire Shopify Experts for Shopify Store Design and Development
info@ecomheroes.dev
https://ecomheroes.dev
hobbytrax
Visitor
3 0 0

Thanks,

Yes definitely not in spam or anything like that. All appears well in the notifications tab, see attached.

Trevor.

20240508_09h38m27s_grim.png

ecomheroes_dev
Excursionist
60 1 2

now please go to staff notification and check the settings

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants
Hire Shopify Experts for Shopify Store Design and Development
info@ecomheroes.dev
https://ecomheroes.dev
hobbytrax
Visitor
3 0 0

So...

It was set to sales@hobbytrax.co.uk and that was on. Sending a test did nothing.

I tried <anything>@hobbytrax.co.uk and that didn't work.

Tried my wife's gmail account and bingo it worked!

So it proves it will send to an account on another domain but not to one on the same domain.

Still puzzled!