Single Product SEO

Colebrenton
Tourist
5 0 3

Hello all,

I am trying to improve my SEO for products. I want people to be able to search the name of the product on google and have my product come up.

Replies 2 (2)
Pavel_le
1 0 0

Hi @Colebrenton 

If you want your products to come up when people search the name of the product on Google, you need to learn about SEO as well as How to optimize your products for SEO.

To optimize your store and products for SEO, you need to take the steps below:

• Research keywords
  • Build an SEO-friendly site architecture
  • Do on-page SEO
  • Build link for your website

For the details about optimize SEO for Shopify stores, you can read here.

Hope it helps!

Lilith
Shopify Staff
601 72 161

Hi, @Colebrenton! Having your products show up on searches is all based on Search Engine Optimization (SEO). What this means is your site can be optimized for search engines like Google to find content within your pages.

To help you with some of the basics on how to optimize your site we have a guide about SEO and a free course. Those will help you get familiar with the concept and how to start the basics of getting your site optimized.

Once you become a bit more comfortable with how SEO works, I highly recommend using Google Shopping as a way to list your products on Google as well. This would be different from SEO in that you can add your items to the Shopping tab in the search engine instead of only relying on your site's optimization.

Keep in mind that if you do want to use Google Shopping, there are instances where you will need to pay for that extra visibility that you're looking for.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog