Site been hacked : password and user no longer working; denied access to site and no human support

hauteoc
Visitor
3 0 0

Good evening, am in need of help our site, I believe has been hacked, I

We no longer have access to our shopify site and are not able to get help customer service support 

all of our call backs have gone straight to voicemail for some reason, so we can't retrieve a human

And we are receiving purchases tonight. And our shopify site has vanished, its still active on the domain

but when we try to log in we are Denied Access.

Why aren't there safety measures or recovery systems in place in case of theft or break ins. 

Is there anyone out there that can help, this is agony.

Replies 3 (3)

Dan-From-Ryviu
Shopify Partner
7392 1421 1412

Didn't you enable 2FA for your store?

- Helpful? Like or Accept solution, - Coffee Tips or Paypal Tips
- Ryviu - Product Reviews app, collect product reviews, import reviews from AliExpress, Amazon, Etsy, Shopee and Walmart and CSV.
- Lookfy app: Create Image Lookbook, Photo Gallery with product hotspots
- Enjoy 1 month of Shopify for $1. Sign up now

hauteoc
Visitor
3 0 0

I did.  We fixed it. But was trivial to get support I had to create a new site just to access human support. 

Victoria
Shopify Staff
2090 147 247

Hi, @hauteoc.

Welcome to the Shopify community and thanks for sharing this with us.

I can definitely understand the situation you're experiencing is not ideal and understand the urgency to have this resolved. Rest assured, I'll do my best to provide what safety measures we provide and how to receive support.

Since you're unable to retrieve access to your account, I'll share the steps below on how to reach our support team.

• Head over to the Shopify Help Center.
  • Select 'I don't have an account,' as you're unable to log in at this time.
  • From the topics provided select Account > Account security.
  • On the following page, scroll down to 'Get Support' to view our contact options.
  • For a faster response time, you can select our 'Chat with us option.'

Here are steps you can follow to help secure your compromised account:

• Log in to the email account that you use to log in to Shopify and change the password.
  • If you can't log in, then reset your password. If you don't receive a password reset email, then contact Shopify Support.
  • Do either of the following:
    • Activate two-step authentication for extra security when you log in.
    • If two-step authentication is already activated and an attacker was able to defeat it, for example, they stole your device, remove the authentication method for that device, and then set up two-step authentication again for a different device.
  • Check your banking details for Shopify Payments and update them if necessary.
  • Check and update your banking details for PayPal and any other payment providers you have configured.
  • Review your general account settings to make sure that all other information is correct.
  • Follow government guides to protect your identity and sensitive information.

I'd also like to share what safety measures we provide to ensure the security and safety of your account. Two-step authentication (also known as two-factor authentication or multifactor authentication) provides a more secure login process. Two-step authentication makes it much more difficult for an unauthorized person to access your account. Even if someone else learns your password, they won't be able to log in without the second step. Two-step authentication provides extra security in case anyone other than you attempt to log in to your Shopify admin using your account. When you attempt to log in, you need to complete two separate steps:

• Enter your account credentials, which are your email address and your password.
  • Authenticate your attempt to log in using a mobile device or a security key.

Some additional measures to protect your account from risk are:

• Generating unique passwords with a password vault
  • Use a passkey
  • Download your recovery codes and store them in a safe place

Lastly, here are some helpful resources outlining the process of securing your account that I've shared above.

Account security resources:

Please let us know if you're experiencing issues accessing the help center or have additional questions.

Victoria | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog