Skipping Checkout Steps

Radiance
Tourist
3 0 2

Shopify, PLEASE fix this issue.  I am having the exact same problem! Our customers are extremely confused.  It skips completely over "information" where they should be able to select their shipping method of choice (including local pick up or local delivery) and instead automatically selects "free shipping".  Essentially, it is telling them that I will ship to them for free, even if they are in my same town.  It is very frustrating that you have not addressed this issue yet 

MyallIT
Tourist
6 0 1

This should help you all...

Image is straight forward to follow - edit code for your theme and then as per the image - this will allow your "checkout" button in the cart to start at the information step so that your customer can choose shipping, local pickup or local delivery even if they are already registered.

Code below:

<!-- <form action="{{ routes.cart_url }}" method="post" novalidate class="cart"> -->
<form action="https://yourwebsiteaddress.co.uk/cart?step=contact_information" method="post" novalidate class="cart">

MyallIT_0-1619982418884.png

By doing this will allow even your returning customers to choose local pick/delivery/shipping 

0 Likes
Radiance
Tourist
3 0 2

Thank you for your suggestions @MyallIT

0 Likes
MyallIT
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi @Radiance 

Sorry about that, seems for whatever reason it has downsampled the image.

Here's the steps:

1. Navigate the left hand menu and click Online Store
  2. Click Themes and under the themes page you'll see (in my case) Venture as the theme
  3. Click the Actions button at the top of the page where your theme name is
  4. A drop down menu will appear, click Edit Code.
  5. Once the page loads, navigate to the Sections folder and open cart-template.liquid
  6. Locate the following code in red on the page which should be at the top (line 6) and replace it with the code in blue instead - make sure your domain is changed too!.

Old

<form action="{{ routes.cart_url }}" method="post" novalidate class="cart">

New

<!-- <form action="{{ routes.cart_url }}" method="post" novalidate class="cart"> -->
<form action="https://yourwebsite.com/cart?step=contact_information" method="post" novalidate class="cart">

Now your customer will always be starting the checkout at the information stage and easily able to decide if they want to have the item shipped, delivered locally or come in a pick

Enjoy

0 Likes
Radiance
Tourist
3 0 2

Thank you so much @MyallIT .  That worked brilliantly!

MyallIT
Tourist
6 0 1

You're welcome, glad you've got it sorted

0 Likes
NQM
2 0 0

Hi @MyallIT 

I went in to edit my code and it doesn't look the same, here is line 1 through 21.  I have the form action but it doesn't include the novalidate and it's on line 18 not 6.  Your thoughts?

{%- liquid
  assign full_width = section.settings.full_width
  if section.settings.cart_terms_enable and section.settings.cart_terms != blank
  assign checkbox = 'true'
  else
  assign checkbox = 'false'
  endif
-%}

<section data-section-id="{{ section.id }}" 
         data-section-type="cart_page" 
         data-check="{{ checkbox }}"
         data-recent="{{ section.settings.recently_viewed }}"
         class="clearfix">

<div id="cart-table">
    <div class="full-form form{% unless cart.item_count > 0 %} hidden{% endunless %}">
      <form action="{{ routes.cart_url }}" method="post">
        <div class="{% if full_width and section.settings.include_color != 'color-none' %}background-colored {{ section.settings.include_color }} {% endif %}clearfix">

<div class="container clearfix">
            <div class="twelve">
0 Likes
MyallIT
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi NQM

Apologies for the slow reply (edited post)

I see what you are saying now.

Just replace this line

<form action="{{ routes.cart_url }}" method="post">

With (make sure you edit the action part to your website domain.

<form action="https://yourwebsite.com/cart?step=contact_information" method="post" novalidate class="cart">

should work perfect now

Sam

0 Likes
NQM
2 0 0

It does work perfect now, thank you very much for your help!  

Is there a section that can be edited to do the same thing when the checkout option is given while still in the product page?  After a product is added to the cart it gives an option to go to the cart or straight to checkout, when going straight to checkout it looks as though it skips information.

Thanks again!

0 Likes
MyallIT
Tourist
6 0 1

Glad to hear you've got it sorted

Hmm, most likely!

Not sure where that would be though, but depends on your theme also I guess as the code will vary per theme.

If you could find the liquid file with the page contents we could take a look?

0 Likes