SKU changes automatically when I changed the order of variants(like color, size), is this a bug?

Martin85
Visitor
1 0 2

SKU changes automatically when I changed the order of variants(like color, size), is this a bug?

waiting for an answer

Replies 5 (5)

Ben_Stevens
Tourist
10 0 1

I am also having this issue.  I thankfully noticed it then had to manually correct all my products.  This is a serious bug and needs fixing!!

Could also do with being able to upload image files / screenshots on this forum.  It's a bit rubbish you can only upload word / ppt docs etc?!

Raj_Rana
Shopify Partner
10 0 4

I have also got this happening to me. Really annoying. I'm wasting so much time changing them back.

Once done, even if you swap the order of the value within the variant it does it again - I've reworked my 500+ SKUs twice now! So would love to know how to fix this.  

fredde
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey, I also have this exact problem and it's a really time consuming bug that needs to be fixed ASAP.

Thanks!

ThomasBorowski
Shopify Expert
803 71 239

The UI for editing options and variants was recently relaunched and it does in fact seem to still be a bit buggy. Best report it to support so they can file a bug with the dev team.

★ Smart Upgrades, Tips and Tutorials for Shopify themes: cartpunk.com
Did my solution work? Help other Community members easily find the correct solution and apply it to their own stores by marking it as the Accepted Solution and giving it a Thumbs Up
SimpleStuff
Visitor
1 0 0

Sadly, after 2 years this is still a problem!