So very Frustrated with Customer Service for Shopify!

KMac1
2 0 2

I have been caught in a loop for 30 minutes and am getting more and more irritated with Shopfiy and the 24/7 help promise. 

Here's the issue- the help phone number leads me to a website. The website leads me to login. I login to my shopify account and have to navigate back to the help page. I get to the question tree that encourages me to watch video tutorials and engage with the community (which I have been doing for the past few days and it has been very useful) but at this point I'd like one on one chat help or phone help with a human who can answer a few questions. Whenever I attempt to login again for the service to request either of these, the action button redirects me back a few pages and the loop I described happens again. It's worth noting that I am already logged in during this entire process. So annoying. It seems absolutely impossible to reach a human. I recognize it is Sunday afternoon- but shopify does promise 24/7. Also why have a phone number at all since it is a complete dead end that simply directs one back to the website. Ironically- one attempt to reach someone to chat to took me to software for live chat - I was signed up before I realize that Shopify was encouraging me to provide good customer service by offering live chat. Great idea shopify- how do I find your live chat or any real time customer service at all? 

Replies 12 (12)
TyW
Community Manager
Community Manager
413 40 1107

Hi @KMac1 

Thank you for reaching out to share your experience using our Help center. Our Support team is still here to help 24/7. 
To get in touch with Shopify support:

1. Go to https://help.shopify.com/en/questions
  2. Click Log in and enter your details.
  3. Enter a brief description of your question into the search bar.
  4. You’ll be provided with a curated list of Shopify resources related to your search. We have extensive help documentation designed to connect you with the information you need as quickly as possible. If you can’t find what you’re looking for in our docs, below Get Support click Continue to reach the Shopify support team.
  5. Choose the way you want to contact Shopify support from the available options.

TyW | Online Community Manager @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

KMac1
2 0 2
Sorry to have posted this on the covid page: I was pretty tangled up in frustration at the moment and didn’t realize it was the covid page.

So-I finally figured out that the big problem was an outdated Safari 11.1.2 which was not allowing pop up chat options.

The phone number Shopify posts is useless. Which is very maddening when every other help link goes in a circle. I couldn’t reach anyone who could help me figure out that there was supposed to be a pop up option for live chat.
Please suggest to whomever is in charge that they post a contact support email link somewhere on your website.

When I didn’t realize the problem was my Safari browser- I was cycling through the help page for about 3 hours not getting anywhere. If there had been an email link I could have reached out to- that would have really helped. Only offering the pop up help texting really didn’t work for me. Finally- my husband tried to help on his computer through his shopify account and we realized it was working for him but not for me. I downloaded firefox and that solved it. If I had not had access to his help and his computer- I would have had no way to access any help at all.

When I did get help- she was very polite and tried to look up options but she explained she didn’t know very much about the topic I needed help with and ultimately told me I couldn’t do something that I know is possible because I’ve seen other businesses do it. (Scan a QR code for checkout). I did figure it out on my own and by reaching out to other businesses who use Shopify.

I am feeling like the Shopify 24/7 help promise is pretty weak: Shopify should have an email help option if not a working phone number. By the way, the phone recording suggests there is a callback option for phone help by going to the help website. I couldn’t find that anywhere and when I was chatting I asked if I could have the person helping me give me a call. She said that wasn’t allowed. So is there a way to have someone at Shopify call me? I’m still a bit unclear on what customer service is available to me if I have trouble in the future.

Katie

SandraB15
Tourist
5 0 2

I am in the same boat! Frustration does not even begin to describe what I am feeling.  The videos do not answer my questions and I need to speak to a real person!

SandraB15
Tourist
5 0 2

I tried the method discribed but it still does not lead me to live chat.  Why are they making it so difficult to speak to someone!

SandraB15
Tourist
5 0 2

No that was not helpful.  I simply want to login and find the Live Chat.  Not have to spend hours looking for something I have yet after 3 hours find!

SucomaCEO
1 0 1

I am about to lose my ever loving mind. I signed up with shopify to get my business going online.  Read that it was the best with 24/7 support! Bullcrap!!!!

I set my shop up and a few days later went to put in my actual banking information for payouts and there was some other number in there for Wells Fargo. I dont use Wells Fargo and dont know where this number came from. Here starts the downward trend. I put in a ticket with the advanced team and was told 24-72 hours. At first I was thinking 72 hours? This should be a simple 5 minute fix. where is this 24/7 support. 4 days later I have not received a call, email, post card telling me to piss off, ANYTHING! I have called repeatedly and keep getting the same crap about being in a queue. Meanwhile, I am still paying for a service I cant use. Shopify does not hesitate to charge me for the account without hesitation. Not to mention, most companies would try to please a customer and offer at least a month of service at no charge. No, not shopify. 

I cannot contact a manager, or anybody but these GURU's as they seem to be called. I want someone from MANAGEMENT to reach out to me ASAP!!!!

Jennyjbe
1 0 0

Hello,

I've tried this and it doesn't work. I click on "Contact Support" and it loops me back to the Help page right after I click on my account to login. Is there a better way to get in touch with support. The feature I need to add to my account requires that I contact support. 

TyW
Community Manager
Community Manager
413 40 1107

@Jennyjbe wrote:

Hello,

I've tried this and it doesn't work. I click on "Contact Support" and it loops me back to the Help page right after I click on my account to login. Is there a better way to get in touch with support. The feature I need to add to my account requires that I contact support. 

Hi @Jennyjbe 

Thanks for posting!

I just verified the steps are accurate - after you perform a search for some content, look below the suggested results and you should see a contact option under Get Support, labeled Continue 

TyW | Online Community Manager @ Shopify 

GUÜDS
Excursionist
14 1 2

Hi! This has happened to me several times. I think it may have something to do with the browser used or content blocker.

I would be sent through a log-in or store select loop and totally unable to get the support options to appear. For reference, I use iOS and Mac OS with Safari. I had to download Firefox, on both mobile and desktop, to make sure that all the apps I wanted would work with Shopify. I never have seen this issue otherwise when using Safari.

Hopefully someone on Shopify can try to figure out why this happened. Thanks.

wearable-geolog
2 0 0

Shopify totally sucks! I agree! It's time to find a new hosting site! 

wearable-geolog
2 0 0

Shopify hates their customers, they don't want to help they want to run you in circles. No customers support contact number. Forced to chat, email or commuity. All I want to do is send my customers package. 

Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3210 432 735

@wearable-geolog 

Sorry to hear you're having trouble accessing our support which has led to a frustrating situation on your end. To access our 24/7 support, it will require that you log in, manually type your question/issue in the search bar, then select "continue" at the bottom of the page that displays the search results. This will lead you to the available support options. 

Note: Do not select the search results. Only select the button at the bottom of the page. 

Keep in mind that phone support is based on volume. If phone support does not appear, then it will require trying again later or using one of the other available support options. 

04-39-36458-69252

If this does not work, then you can also try clearing your cache/cookies or Google Chrome Incognito mode, then try the steps above again. 

In terms of fulfilling your orders, what issues are you having exactly?

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify