Social sharing image preview

vitality
2 0 0

Hi all, When we share the link to our shopify store the link doesnt have an image attached to it. We have been into preferences and uploaded an image but still nothing comes up on link. Please help

0 Likes
Ollie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
282 42 50

Hey @vitality.

Thanks for reaching out.

I appreciate the context that you have shared, can you let us know where the store link is being shared? If you are attempting to share the store link on Facebook, it may take a number of days before Facebook checks for updates.

With that being said, I would suggest confirming that you saved the image within the Social sharing image section within the Preferences. I took a screenshot from my test store to show you the sections I am referring to:

20-36-72442-94845

If you can confirm that the image is added and saved, we can preview what your social image may look like on some platforms with tools like Twitter's Card Validator, Facebook's Crawler and LinkedIn's Post Inspector.

Looking forward to your reply.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
vitality
2 0 0
Hi
Thanks so much for replying. I think we jumped the gun a bit as it did eventually show
0 Likes

You should upload an image of best size 1200px x 630px width-to-height. The format is jpg, png. Just upload the compatible image and scrape the page link with facebook debugger

Usually, it's due to cache, image format or size issue

SPO - SEO App to research keywords & edit social link preview
BYOB - Build Your Own Bundles
0 Likes