Someone keep filing false dmca report on my store.

Chiang
Tourist
3 0 2

A competitor is hiring a VA from pakistan and keep filing false dmca report on my store. Which is rediculous is that I am authorized seller with all copyright authorizations and they just kept reporting on me. The thing is, I submitted all the documents to shopify but they just ignored me. And I filed a dmca report on them with same exact links and reason then shopify replied me that they could not identify. I am very confused. Is it because I am a small seller now comparing to my competitor?

Replies 12 (12)

Chiang
Tourist
3 0 2

Furthermore, We are selling different products! And I have my product name registered on USPTO. 

Ericathompson
Tourist
4 0 8

Hi,

Did you manage to resolve this? If so can I know how? Thanks

Chiang
Tourist
3 0 2
There is no way to resolve this once and for all. Only way to do is file a
counter notice and wait for 10 B days and if they did not go to the court,
then they can not take you down again. Are you facing the same problem?

Ericathompson
Tourist
4 0 8

Yes I have the same problem. I have raised the counter notice and it says that if they dont file a court order within 10 days then I can enable the product page again. However my concern is, after 10 days once my affected product page is back online, what if the same person files the same DMCA takedown notice on the same product page again? Will shopify take it down again? My concern is this will end up like a chain of takedown over and over. Also, shopify has a policy to take down accounts if there are more than 3 DMCA takedown notices. So would my store be affected by that eventhough I have files a counter notice and no court order from the person who filed the notice? Appreciate your advice/inputs. Thank you so much

JonahGf
Shopify Partner
2 0 0
Hello, I recently had a person file a bogus claim on my Shopify store. Did you get your’s resolved? Did you really have to wait 10 days? Can the same person file more then once?
Lapfloog
Visitor
1 0 0
Same thing just happened to me this past Thursday, what ended up happening to you?

The competitor stole my product photos, made a listing, and submitted a DMCA claim against me (not even with a real name or LLC) and Shopify still let it go through and took my product down while I was actively running ads to it.

They didn’t listen to or read any of my proof of ownership, and just said the same template response about waiting 10 business days after submitting my counter notice.

Such a broken system. How is this still so neglected?
Madison09
Excursionist
22 0 5

This really sounds stressful!

Been through this a lot and invested money but ended up other stores are benefitting from it. I came across this UNIQUE app, and it is very cool. It detects other stores that uses my brand's images and contents.. It automatically sends a notification and you have the option to remove these by yourself. Saves time in responding to DCMA counter-notices.

Try it. they have a free trial.

https://apps.shopify.com/unique-anti-theft#reviews

Hokage_Ryan
Tourist
12 0 0

Hey @Ericathompson ,

I am having the same issue and am most likely going to file a counter notice. How did your experience go when submitting the counter notice if you don't mind me asking? Were you able to enable your product pages again? Did the same person keep filing takedown notices on your store? 

-Ryan

globalstore
Tourist
3 0 19

Hello, I have had the same problem, one of my competitors filled multiple DMCA notice, taking DOWN my products even if I had COPYRIGHT for them.

And NOW, Shopify just CLOSED my account on Tuesday, saying they received many DMCA notices regarding my store. Well... DONE by competitors who sell exactly the same products.

Their Legal team doesn't care, you are just a number, they don't care about your customers, the brand you have built or the trust you had with them.

0 due diligence.

How can shop owners sleep at night knowing that anytime for any reason Shopify can close your account and won't spend 5 minutes checking any details. Even when they are 100% legitimate.

LunaLance
9 0 0

Did you or anyone else figure out a solution to this? Thanks

yudzhel
Visitor
1 0 0

Is that VA WorthIT Solutions Pvt. Ltd.? 🙂 

TheW962
Excursionist
18 0 2

Same here, did you find a solution?