Who handles warranty issues for Star mPOP scanners purchased from Shopify?

Colin26
Visitor
1 0 1

I purchased the Star mPoP in August, worked perfectly for 1 month until the Barcode Scanner which came with the mPop stopped working. I was passed from department to department with Shopify and finally was told by Shopify that the MPoP was faulty and given a link to the Star website as apparently that look after the warranty. I spoke to Star report and was told nope, Shopify carry the warranty. I purchased this product from the Shopify website and I expect more than this. Can Shopify and Star have a conversation to sort out this warranty issue and give me a contact that will actually respond to a customer with a faulty purchase?? 

Reply 1 (1)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

@Colin26 

mPOP hardware is supported by a limited 2-year manufacturer warranty as outlined on the product page here. It would be the responsibility of the manufacturer to cover any defects that fall under their warranty as Shopify does not provide a warranty for mPOP hardware outside of the 30-day return policy. Contacting mPOP again will be the best step to take in order to have your scanner replaced. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog