How to name a ski wear store without mentioning gear?

erikholm
Tourist
9 0 1

Hello, I am going start a ski wear store, so not any ski gear at all, just clothes. However, I can't seem to find a really nice name for it. There is one store called riderstore.se which is a really good name for example, because it explains that it is for riders and not any ski gear involved. Any suggestions and ideas?

Replies 6 (6)

premadestores
Shopify Partner
134 15 35

@erikholm try this https://www.shopify.com/tools/business-name-generator 

If you Want to modify or Customize your theme ,
Hire us | We can help you & guide you how to reach to your potential customers & how to increase brand presence, engagements and sales for your business
Email us: info@premadedropshippingstores.com or check premadedropshippingstores.com
erikholm
Tourist
9 0 1

Hi, it didn't work for me.

Maz
Shopify Staff
1166 129 180

Hi @erikholm.

Welcome to the Shopify Community, so happy to have you here!

Your question is a great one and also a very important one when starting a business. Choosing the best brand name can have a major impact with your customer base.  A snappy, memorable brand name gives you an immediate upper hand, and it makes it easy for potential customers to remember both you and help you stand out among the rest! You probably have a lot on your plate right now, so if you're struggling with finding the  perfect business name, it’s normal, and I am here to help. We actually have an amazing tool that you can use to find the perfect name for your business, called Business Name Generator. With this tool, you can simply enter a query like the word 'Ski' and it will pull up a list of ideas for you. Pretty cool right?

One thing to note is to ensure that you’re legally allowed to use the ecommerce business name you’ve come up with. Once you have chosen it, you can purchase a custom domain. Adding a domain helps you establish your brand and build trust in your online store.  Your brand is your bread and butter, so you need to ensure you are choosing the right name that will suit your business type. I would recommend checking out this blog on: How to Start Your Own Brand Identity From Scratch in 7 Steps, it has a wealth of information ranging from, choosing your business name, target market and also choosing a slogan so be sure to check it out! You can also check out some sports and fitness brands at this blog right here for some inspiration.

As you're new here, I just wanted to let you know there are some great resources for learning about Shopify and building your business. I'd recommend having a look at Shopify Learn, it's full of easy to follow courses to grow your skills. We have tons of videos on our YouTube Channel that will help you make changes and use the various features of your store. I know that was a lot of information so don't hesitate to circle back with any questions you might have. We're here to support your success and help your business grow so reach out any time for help. 

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

erikholm
Tourist
9 0 1

Hi, thanks for the tip. But I have tried ski but I can’t really find anything in that generator that suits my brand in that way

Maz
Shopify Staff
1166 129 180

Hey @erikholm!

Thanks for letting me know the generator did not suit you. I have a couple more options below that may work for you instead:

I'd recommend having a read of our blog: Need a Catchy Online Store Name? Find Ideas With These Tips and Free Name Generators, for some more ideas and tips on choosing a name!

Let me know if there is anything else you need. 

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Bossismail1
Excursionist
51 1 5

Hello, how are you doing

It's a great pleasure to reply to your post and I'm glad I had the opportunity to respond to it .

That's is a nice suggestion and thought of you if you don't mind me asking may I have you store url links