Still showing old site after connecting the third party domain

sh_tech
1 0 0

Hi,

I've recently connected a third-party domain to my new Shopify site. I've updated the domain DNS as well. But still, it's showing the old WordPress site instead of the new Shopify site. Can anyone please help why this is happening?

Here's my site URL naturcress.com

Thanks!

Replies 3 (3)
Ava
Shopify Staff
1034 69 164

Hey, @sh_tech!

That is an odd error, as it sounds like you have everything set up correctly. I checked out your settings on a DNS checker site, and it looks like your domains are all pointing the right way; towards Shopify.

28-50-14576-91681

It may be that your domain still has a leftover SSL attached from your previous domain host, then that SSL is preventing Shopify from issuing our own SSL and letting the site come through to our platform. Can I ask where your website is currently being hosted? It may be worthwhile logging into your domain host to see if there are any domain controls still there. IF you could log in there, could you show me a screenshot of what you see? Just so I can get some further context. We can take things from there!

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

shianne87
Shopify Partner
4 0 2

I’m literally having the same issue. The old Wordpress website is showing up but Shopify says everything is connected. It’s a google domain. Can anything be done to help? The URL is

waistjewel.com

Ava
Shopify Staff
1034 69 164

Thanks for posting, @shianne87! Can I ask if you've already checked your previous host (WordPress) to make sure no links to your domain exist there? If you can still see any instances of your domain being hosted on WordPress, it may be directing customers to your old site. 

If you've already done this and can't see anything out of the ordinary, it may be best to reach out to our support team so they can have a proper look at your domain settings.

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our Help Centre here and log in to your account to create a support request. I'd recommend live chat for the fastest support! The Support Advisors you speak with there will be able to liaise with our technical teams to find a solution for you.

Did you have any other questions on setting up your domain, or store in general? I'd be happy to help! 

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog