Stolen photos

AnnelieseGarcia
2 0 0

When an artist is using pictures that they’ve taken off of your Facebook salesposts  and advertising it as their own- what do you do? I didn’t even realize Shopify existed until I was sent photos of this woman posting my work. I am unable to see anything of her. I am guessing I am blocked but people are screenshotting things and sending. 

Replies 3 (3)
Ren
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
762 53 122

Hello, @AnnelieseGarcia 

I'm so sorry to hear about this situation; it sounds incredibly frustrating.

I recommend signing up for a free trial account here, and then using this link to access a form that will enable you to report property infringement. Be sure to log any interaction, evidence and information that you can. 

You can also read about Shopify's Copyright Policies here, as it is a matter taken very seriously. The online form is the most efficient way to make the report, and the link above will also detail all of the relevant information you need to provide. 

If there is anything further I can help with or if you require any clarification, please let me know!

Hoping for a swift resolution for you. 

Ren | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

AnnelieseGarcia
2 0 0

I will try. I am severely dyslexic and it took me hours just to get this letter to you. Thank you. She is also using photos from 6 other artists I know. Do we all have do to this separately. ?

Ren
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
762 53 122

Thank you for letting me know, @AnnelieseGarcia

Yes, in order to fully assess the situation, anyone affected should submit their own reports with their own evidence. That being said, is there anything I can do to assist you with yours? Would it be helpful for me to provide screenshots, video tutorials or written steps? 

You can also reach out to a Support Advisor through our help center at any time for more immediate, one-to-one assistance where you can request a chat, leave a message or request a callback. 

Ren_0-1652508694362.png

I am also happy to provide guidance and steps in your preferred method, just let me know how you'd like to proceed. 

Ren | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog