Store for the US and AUS

Solved
cguanaja
4 0 0

Hi there,

Anyone here that has a store targeting both countries?  I'm just wondering about how taxing would actually work, when selling in both and also all that goes with payments as well?  

Tried to look on the forum but no luck so appreciating any light that could be shared. 

Thanks! 

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1318 167 220

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @cguanaja. Welcome to the Community, and thanks for starting this topic!

The countries from which you are eligible to collect taxes are determined by those that are included in your shipping zones. So once you’ve set up your shipping rates to both the USA and AUS, you’ll be able to set up your taxes following these Help Docs.

That being said, the amount of tax you are required to collect from customers in each country will be best advised by a tax professional. Shopify doesn’t give tax advice, nor do we file or remit the taxes associated with your business for you. Therefore, I highly recommend reaching out to a tax advisor within your jurisdiction to ensure that you are properly collecting what is required for your business. 

I hope this information was helpful. I also hope some other merchants who are currently selling to both countries will contribute to this thread and offer some insight and guidance into this as well. All the best!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

cguanaja
4 0 0

Thanks for the input @Helen - quite introductory and valuable and looking forward to more contribution 

0 Likes