Why was my Shopify store deactivated without notice?

TheDaileyPastry
Tourist
3 0 1

My store was randomly deactivated, and I found out from a customer! I wasn't given any notice from shopify, any reasoning as to why and the only customer support option is via email (no chat, no phone number no help) 

This is a terrible support option and not to mention I'm still waiting for a resolution on another ticket from 3 weeks ago. A 1-3 day ticket response time is not only unacceptable but unprofessional.

There are agents that can respond to these discussion boards but not to someone with a down store? Make it make sense.

The main issue is that there is no way someone with an inactive store can properly  get help even when "logging in" to their own account, I might as well not be a paying shopify customer with how limited the interface/options for help are.  

When I log in I'm not even able to access any significant part of my account   

Replies 6 (6)

JustinTharpe
Shopify Partner
142 5 17

Not a Shopify agent. Just a random helper.

You can actually chat with the Shopify team. Try visiting: https://help.shopify.com/en/questions/partners#/contact

Or if you're having trouble logging in. I assume you're not able to chat from that URL as well?

You can try this: https://help.shopify.com/en/support/login and select "Continue without logging in"

Or if your device is having some problems... you can try clearing your cache and minor local data points - that might be messing around. Try clearing it up using the methods here: https://kb.iu.edu/d/ahic and try logging in again.

If it still doesn't work. You'll have to send them another email - directly to the partners' support. First, make sure you're able to log in properly. Then another email or follow-up - to get your store activated back.

I hope this helps!

Please Like and Accept Solution if Useful.
The two picks of this month: Shipping Address Editor and Product Customizer
Shopify Community Helper
TheDaileyPastry
Tourist
3 0 1

On the phone on hold now! Will also try the chat thank you so much, I'll keep this post updated with my progress 

TheDaileyPastry
Tourist
3 0 1

https://help.shopify.com/en/support/topic-select/account/other-shopify-admin/contact/chat

I think this link works for non partner support for chat 

Victoria
Shopify Staff
2090 147 247

Hi, @TheDaileyPastry.

Thank you for reaching out here in the community. 

You mentioned that your store has been deactivated however, you were able to reach our support team for further guidance. Our support team reviews each ticket thoroughly to ensure we are supporting our merchants and providing the next best steps. 

Our Shopify community forums are a great place to provide discussions for merchants, partners, experts and those looking to learn more about Shopify. We are unable to authenticate or provide account-specific information via our community forums as we do not have access to accounts.

As @JustinTharpe has mentioned, when creating a support request via the Help Center you can log in to your store or click Continue without logging in if you have difficulties logging in. You can reach our support team via chat, email or by scheduling a callback. Please note: phone callbacks will be available depending on our current contact volume. If you don’t see the “schedule a callback” option, you can check back later to see if it has become available.

Since you were able to successfully reach our support team, a support ticket would have been created. For further clarification on your store, it is best to reply directly to the existing ticket and wait for correspondence from our team. I recommend keeping an eye out on your inbox, spam, junk folder etc.

If you have any non-account-specific questions, feel free to thread them here and I'll take a closer look. I'd also like to share our Shopify Help Center and Shopify YouTube which has a wide variety of help documentation and videos to assist you with building and marketing your store.

Victoria | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

rebeccabaren
Shopify Partner
9 0 1

Hi 

I am shopify partner from few years now and I build and spend time for my client. He has upgrade to a Paid plan (annual) and the store gone INACTIVE - 
My Ticket number is 35191879 - And i am waiting to get support AND NO ONE is getting Back Me 
the client wants to proceed to a chargeback- I will not getting paid for my work too - and shopify has charge him and right after has made his store inactive 
I NEED TO GET SUPPORT AND QUICKLY PLEASE 

Victoria
Shopify Staff
2090 147 247

Hi, @rebeccabaren.

We appreciate you reaching out and joining this thread.

I've gone ahead and replied to your original post in this thread and have shared what next steps you can take regarding your support ticket. 

Please let us know if you're able to view the previous thread I've linked.

Victoria | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog