Can Shopify Support Multiple Vendor Product Uploads and Custom Domains?

klausrauter1
Visitor
2 0 0

We are soon building a on-line shop.

The software should allow different shops to upload their products for sale by themselves – meaning we give those shops a user account where they upload, change etc their products on our page by themselves, ---- but all orders will go through our accounts. (We pay shops and keep a % as commission)

Does SHOPIFY software allow this?

The customers and sellers will be German speaking and we wish to have our own domain name e.g. SAMPLE: shop.com or shop.at... will this be possible?

thank you for your help

Klaus

Replies 4 (4)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

@klausrauter1 

Shopify does not offer this natively and would require the use of a marketplace app or manual setup. 

To provide some context. Each plan allows a set number of staff accounts, which could be problematic based on how many sellers you have. With that said, while you can limit the areas the staff accounts have access to, your sellers would be able to view, edit, and delete products for other sellers, along with their own as it's not possible to restrict access to only their products. 

You could upload the products yourself. Manually keeping them updated if your sellers are able to provide you with a CSV file that aligns with our CSV format. To pay out a commission, you can run a sales by product report (requires the Shopify plan ($79/month) or higher) to determine how many units were sold. The report will help you determine how much you owe while subtracting the commission you keep. 

Using a marketplace app could help reduce the time spent setting up and maintaining the products from other sellers. The two apps you can consider are Multi Vendor Marketplace or Multi Seller Marketplace. I've not used these apps myself, so I can't recommend one over the other but you can contact each developer by using the contact information listed on the app page if you have any questions. 

As for your domain, you're welcome to use your domain or subdomain with your store. You will need to make sure it is pointed to Shopify by following our guide here

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

DavideCommerce
9 0 0

Hey Klaus,

Kind of piggybacking what Shopify posted - we (Nautical) can help you there. We integrate with Shopify so that you can easily set up different stores for your partners, track their sales, and also provide your partners a seller dashboard so that they can track their sales as well. You do need Shopify as we organize the backend. 

If you're interested, give me a call - 917-426-5625. Would love to chat because everyone always has their own unique twist.

David 

Nautical

917-426-5625

klausrauter1
Visitor
2 0 0
Thank you David
So you have any website of link where I can review your app first?
I am now in Austria, happy to call you with questions after I can see or review what you have to offer
Kind wishes
Klaus
DavideCommerce
9 0 0

We sure do! I've included the link to our website below:

https://www.nauticalcommerce.com/

Ah! Thanks for sharing where you're based out of - if it's a lot easier because of the timezone difference, my email is david@nauticalcommerce.com if you prefer to connect via email first. 

I look forward to connecting with you soon! 

David