Store Termination Due to AUP Violation

JillianSchneide
Visitor
2 0 0

I'm hoping to find guidance and perhaps resolution to a recent challenge I've faced with my Shopify store. In November of 2023, I launched my store, and since then, we've seen a consistent upscale in business. I've prioritized customer experience, offering low chargeback rates, and ensuring prompt delivery with a 2-5 day shipping window. Our support system included email, phone, and chatbots for comprehensive customer service.

Unfortunately, my store was terminated for violating the Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). Despite thoroughly reviewing the AUP several times, I couldn't pinpoint any violations from our end. This termination has not only halted our sales but also impacted our brand trust, as customers can no longer access the site for order tracking or support, leading to an increase in chargebacks.

I've reached out to Shopify support multiple times without a definitive resolution or timeframe. The latest communication involved a request for business documentation, which I promptly provided: business registration, proof of address, invoices for merchandise, LLC and EIN numbers, and even a photo of the products with vendor invoices.

The silence on their end leaves me in limbo, unsure of the exact issue or what needs rectification. The initial notification was a generic AUP violation without specifics, making it challenging to address unknown concerns.

I'm seeking advice on the following: Has anyone experienced something similar, and how did you resolve it? Is there a direct contact or a way to speak with someone at Shopify who can provide detailed guidance on rectifying the situation? Any tips on how to expedite the review process and get my store back online?

As a first-time store owner, I acknowledge there's a lot to learn, and I'm fully committed to complying with Shopify's policies. I just need clarity on what went wrong and how to correct it. Any guidance, advice, or shared experiences from this community would be greatly appreciated.

Replies 2 (2)

Tiff5
Visitor
1 0 0

This literally just happened to me today. Support is terrible and I received the same useless generic email. All of my products were from a drop shipping store that’s affiliated with Shopify. I just started. 

JillianSchneide
Visitor
2 0 0

I've been in touch with the legal team through several emails, and they've informed me that their decision is definitive. When I inquired about the held balance and the 15% reserve, the amount they provided was incorrect, and they've stated they can't respond to my emails anymore. I've continued to contact Shopify support, and they've reassured me that my case has been re-escalated to the appropriate department. I'll keep this thread updated with any new developments as soon as I receive further information.