Solved

Why is my Shopify admin access unavailable while store remains live?

Anniyea_Jaffa
Tourist
10 0 0

what’s going on? I tried to access admin and I get a message that my store is unavailable.

It seems to be live the the public,  but I am not able to access admin sections,.

Accepted Solutions (2)
Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

This is an accepted solution.

Hi again, @CHINGYIH! Also hello to you @blindleee and @Greggles!

Thank you for the screenshots and error messages, and I appreciate you folks letting me know you’ve tried the provided troubleshooting steps. 

Based on the information you have provided, it looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request. Please note: even though you may not be able to login to your admin at this time, you should be able to login to the Help center and create a support request. 

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Hi again, @Anniyea_Jaffa!

Thanks for reaching back out and letting us know you're still having issues with logging into your admin. I also appreciate you letting me know you've tried logging in from some different devices and that you've tried the clearing cache and cookies steps as well. 

Since those local troubleshooting steps didn't seem to do the trick, what I recommend for you do as a next step here would be to reach out to our Support Team so they can look directly into your account. You can use this link here to log into the Help Center and create a support request. While we're not able to provide account specific support here in the Shopify Community, we'd be happy to continue assisting you via email, callback, or live chat. Just a note: even though you can't login in to your admin at this time, you should still be able to log into the Help Center and create a support request to have this matter investigated. 

The screenshot you attempted to provide doesn't seem to be visible when I click the link you've provided. Feel free to try another screenshot upload but the above step of reaching out to our Support Team would be the best way for you to get this matter resolved. 

View solution in original post

Replies 33 (33)

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Hi there, @Anniyea_Jaffa!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community today about these troubles you’re having getting into your store’s admin. 

As of right now, we don’t have any situations happening that would prevent you from accessing your store’s admin. You can use our Status Page to keep tabs on any ongoing incidents that may be impacting your ability to access your store admin. It’s good to know that the store is accessible to the public. 

There is a chance that this could be a local issue with the device or browser you’re using to login to your admin. I advise that you clear your cache and cookies to see if this allows you to access your admin as expected. You can also try using a private viewing browser, or an incognito window in Chrome, and try logging in there.

The steps to do this vary a little from browser to browser. You can find details on how to do this for your browser on this page here.

You can also try logging into your admin from a different device and see if that works. If this ends up working, then this is confirmation that the login issue is linked to the first device you tried. Clearing the cache and cookies for the browser being used on that device should resolve the issue. 

If these above local troubleshooting don't help, then please let me know and provide a screenshot of what you are seeing when you try to login.

CHINGYIH
Visitor
2 0 1

Screenshot 2021-11-11 at 8.08.31 AM.png
Hi @Imogen I've checked the Shopify Status and there is no issues and tried to clear the cache and cookies but I still can't access my store, could you assist? Thank you!

Anniyea_Jaffa
Tourist
10 0 0

Hi Imogen,

I am still not able to access admin site.  I have cleared cach.  I’ve tried login in with safari and google chrome,  also tried logging in with the app on my iPhone.  Still not able to log in.  The site is still live to the public,  I did get an email order notification but I am not able to get into admin,

I am attaching txt and screen shot of the  message I get.

Please help

Thanks,

Annia

CHINGYIH
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi, I'm having the same problem, kindly assist with this.. there is no issue with the Shopify Status.

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Hello, @CHINGYIH

Thanks for reaching out! 

It’s interesting that you’re having the same issue here as well. If possible, can you attempt the local troubleshooting steps I provided in my above post and let me know if that allows you to login to your store’s admin again. 

If you tried those steps and they didn’t seem to help, please let me know and provide me with a screenshot of the error you get when attempting to login.

Greggles
Visitor
3 0 0

I am having the same exact problem. My website works but logging on to the admin gives me the error page you are seeing above.  On the tab of the browser, it says "Locked - This store is unavailable."

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Hi again, @CHINGYIH! Also hello to you @blindleee and @Greggles!

Thank you for the screenshots and error messages, and I appreciate you folks letting me know you’ve tried the provided troubleshooting steps. 

Based on the information you have provided, it looks like we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request. Please note: even though you may not be able to login to your admin at this time, you should be able to login to the Help center and create a support request. 

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

OxanaDimova
Visitor
1 0 0

EDIT: ISSUE RESOLVED! I requested a call back from Shopify! I would suggest doing the same! Thanks!

Hey Guys!!

We have the same issue here, any help would be truly appreciated. We tried clearing the cache, cookies, switching internet connections, using different devices, different locations and nothing seems to work.

Thank you for your time!Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 9.42.51.png

freshvintage
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi there,

I'm also having the same issue. Please help. I've got no way of accessing my Shopify admin dashboard 

Thanks 

freshvintage
Visitor
2 0 1

I've tried logging in on both my Mac laptop and phone admin with no avail. 

Any info will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks 

Anniyea_Jaffa
Tourist
10 0 0

same here,  I am still not able to log in.  I have orders to fulfill, but not able to.

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Hi again, @Anniyea_Jaffa!

Thanks for reaching back out and letting us know you're still having issues with logging into your admin. I also appreciate you letting me know you've tried logging in from some different devices and that you've tried the clearing cache and cookies steps as well. 

Since those local troubleshooting steps didn't seem to do the trick, what I recommend for you do as a next step here would be to reach out to our Support Team so they can look directly into your account. You can use this link here to log into the Help Center and create a support request. While we're not able to provide account specific support here in the Shopify Community, we'd be happy to continue assisting you via email, callback, or live chat. Just a note: even though you can't login in to your admin at this time, you should still be able to log into the Help Center and create a support request to have this matter investigated. 

The screenshot you attempted to provide doesn't seem to be visible when I click the link you've provided. Feel free to try another screenshot upload but the above step of reaching out to our Support Team would be the best way for you to get this matter resolved. 

dj-poolboi
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm having the same problem and I've tried all the troubleshooting options. I just tried to contact Shopify Support via email and I can't send the email either. My name and email address are highlighted in grey and I can't click the send button. Please help.

Screen Shot 2022-02-25 at 10.04.56 AM.png

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Hi there, @dj-poolboi

Thanks for joining in on our conversation! It's certainly unfortunate to hear about your store being inaccessible, so I'd love to guide you on how you may be able learn more about the situation. I just have a few questions I'd like you to answer so I can best assist you: 

• Do you have any screenshots of error messages you receive when trying to access your store?
  • Do you have a link to your store I can use to see if I can load your website?
  • Most people here have reported receiving an email from our Internal Teams regarding their store, can you check your email (along with your junk and spam) to see if you've received any emails from us recently? 

In terms of submitting a support request to our team, it is odd that you're having issues in sending us an email. Typically, a cache and cookies clear will allow you to get an email sent to use if you're having issues. Try that, or try using a different browser, and then attempt to reach out once again. It's also important to make sure your email is spelt correctly, and that you're not using any characters that cannot be used in email address. 

I'll keep my eyes peeled for your reply. 

rvmlvlyv
Visitor
3 0 0

My store is unavailable no reason please help me ! How i can contact support 

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Hey there, @rvmlvlyv. Thanks for joining in on the conversation. 

I'm sorry to hear that your store is no long accessible. Have you taken the time to read through this thread to see if the situation that other users have mentioned relates to yours? 

I have a few steps I want you to look into here, and kindly ask that you get back to me when you can, so I can advise on some next steps for you: 

• Can you check to see if you've recevied an email to the inbox associated with your Shopify account from our Team? Be sure to check your Junk and Spame folders, as these emails will sometimes find their way there. 
  • Can you share with me a URL to your shop, or a screenshot of what you see when trying to access your store? This will pinpoint for me exactly what issue you're experiencing, and better equips me to provide you with some next steps. 

Please, get back to me when you can with the requested information! 

rvmlvlyv
Visitor
3 0 0

rvmlvlyv_0-1654620643136.png

This is screen shot

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

@rvmlvlyv Thanks for your screenshot! 

Based on what you've shown me here, you should have received an email from our team to the Inbox associated with your Shopify Account. I recommend that you track down that email, read through, and reply to the folks on the other end for more information regarding your store. Check your junk and spam folders, as our emails sometimes find their way there. 

If you check your inboxes and cannot find this email, please follow up with me here and let me know. I also ask that you provide me with your shop's URL, so I can have that information on hand if I need to follow up with folks to make sure you're contacted. 

rvmlvlyv
Visitor
3 0 0

I checked my email and I didn't get any email about it. The url of my site is krolia.com or https://kroliashop.myshopify.com/

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Thanks for getting back to me, @rvmlvlyv

I appreciate you providing the information that you did here. I reached out to our Internal Team regarding your situation and they asked that you reach out to the Live Team via our Help Portal Link here so you and your account can be authenticated, so our team can assist you with this. 

As we can't authenticate users here on the Forums, and matters regarding accounts need to be handled with care and respect for privacy, I strongly recommend using the link I shared to contact the team to get some assistance. 

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Hi there, @freshvintage

Thanks for letting me know you're encountering the same issue. 

Looking through the thread, it looks like many folks have determined that the cause of their admin not being accessible is due to an email that was sent from one of our escalated teams. Please check your email and see if you have received something similar to what other users have mentioned.

It's important to note that you may not have received the aforementioned email however, and you could have something else causing you to be unable to access your admin. Have you tried clearing your browser's cache and cookies and then attempted to login again? You should try logging into your admin from a different device as well and see if that works. 

If you try the local troubleshooting steps mentioned above and they don't seem to resolve things, then I recommend reaching out to our Support Team so they can open up your account and take a deeper dive into the cause of the issue. 

Anniyea_Jaffa
Tourist
10 0 0

Mine is now resolved.  Call customer care.  They will send you an email to complete.

FetchMart
Visitor
1 0 0

This exact same thing is happening to me as well. How do I create a support request? Every time I type it into the search box in the Help Center it leads nowhere. Is there a specific place I can go to sent in a request. I need to be able to access my account so I can ship orders and list new items. 

Thanks

Courtney

Anniyea_Jaffa
Tourist
10 0 0

Courtney,  You would have to call or chat with customer care.  Apparently there was an email sent out earlier this month.  There is an attestation form that you need to complete and accept before your account will will restored.  

Shinnpark
Visitor
1 0 0

Damn. I have the same problem as admin page locked up. Contacted CS and shopify FB and no solution. Only after I came to this forum den I realised this attestation form. How I wish shopify CS is aware of such things that are happening within Shopify also.....

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Hi there, @FetchMart

Thank you for letting me know you're experiencing this issue. 

If you're looking to make a support request, you'll want to go to this link here as this will take you to our Help Center. From there, you'll want to log into your account and then type your question into the search bar that appears. This will load up some Shopify help documents related to your question. If you find that the documents that load don't address your question, you should see a green button near the bottom of the page that says 'Contact Us'. You'll want to click on that button and then you'll be directed to one of the contact options available to reach our Support Team. 

Were you successful in contacting our Support Team since your last post? Let me know if you weren't. 

Yogita03
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,

I also have the same issue as store is unavailable.

What can I do now to resolve it.

The below is the store link.

https://bijex-fashion.myshopify.com

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Hi there, @Yogita03. Thanks for joining in on the conversation here. I'm sorry to hear about your store. 

Have you received any email communications from our Team? Please, check your email inbox related to your Shopify Account to see if you've been contacted. Our emails sometimes go to junk/spam, too, so check those inboxes as well. 

If you did not receive an email from our team, then you'll want to reach out to our Live Support Team for some additional information. You'll want to use this link to get in touch: https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V

Just le me know if you have any additional question. 

blindleee
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi! Our store is experiencing the same problem - admin / backend only. We've used Shopify for years and never experienced a technical issue like this with such a severe and negative impact to business. As suggested, we have:

1. Cleared browser cache and history as suggested.

2. Verified this issue can be replicated across multiple devices and ISPs

This is the third inquiry in an hour on this topic, that we're aware of. Seems this is beyond being a local issue at this point and I appreciate whatever additional insight you can provide. Please note screen capture of error below, Request ID: 2254fa12-ccc1-48c2-a9cd-c8de68741023

shopify_store_unavailable_11102021.png

MonicaMaria
Excursionist
38 0 4

We are having the same issue.  I did contact Shopify by chat and they said it is a known issue and Support is working on it and it should be resolved soon. 

MonicaMaria
Excursionist
38 0 4

I had to complete the Attestation for the sale of branded or trademarked products form for them to release my store.  I had received an email requesting that but I was not sure if the email was legitimate so forwarded it to Shopify.  They just replied today and said the email was legitimate.

shah12
Visitor
2 0 0

I have a same problem it shows your store is unavailable 

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1482 182 268

Hi there, @shah12. Thanks for joining in on our thread here.

You should have received an email from our team regarding this situation for your store.

• Please check the email inbox associated with your account for communications from our Team. Check your junk folder as well as communications may land in that inbox depending on your email provider.
  • If you see no communication from our team, use this link to reach out for more information.