Store went inactive for no apparent reason

lxixgolf
Tourist
3 0 4

Hello.  My store has been active for a few weeks, paying customer, and we've taken plenty of orders already, which is great.  Yesterday, while we were going in to print shipping labels to ship more orders out, the store went inactive and none of us can access it and the site is down to our customers as well.  I reached out to support twice and they said it's definitely weird and they will escalate.  I've replied to their email 3x with no replies and haven't received any other updates.  I've been down for almost 24 hours now.  This is my only sales channel.  Very disappointed in my experience so far and given that I haven't received any replies, I have to start moving to another platform.  Anyone else experience this???

Replies 30 (30)

Vmuse
Tourist
4 0 2

Have you gotten an update, I’m going through the same thing?

lxixgolf
Tourist
3 0 4
I had to verify some legal documents, etc. I can't remember what
triggered it - might have been my first payout. I wish I was notified
before opening my site.
Vmuse
Tourist
4 0 2
So you didn’t get it back opened?
lxixgolf
Tourist
3 0 4
It is back open. It was inactive for 2-3 days while they verified our
documents.
hahahaha
4 0 0

Hi, lxixgolf.

my store have went inactive for 3 days. 

I have reached to customer support through chat-box, email and phone call. No one seems to give me an answer for why my store went inactive.

They are just saying security team is reviewing my account, total transaction volume is very low right now.  I have no idea why the site became like this.

I have not selling any illegal goods, simply my store is a workshop which is providing leisure classes of teaching handcraft things for adults.

I am really sad and wishing someone could reopen my store.

Thanks.

KappaTango
Tourist
5 0 2

I'm having the same problem, I just created the store and when I tried to pay it went inactive.

Support has not responded to emails, and the chat person could not help in any way.

This is a bad first impression of the platform, I'm already looking for alternatives because this is not how you treat a customer.

All you have to do is inform us of delays, but I can't even work on the store. This is most ridiculous thing I have ever experienced.

There's barely anything there, if I could work on it while they verify documents or whatever (but not activate it), then I would be fine with that, I could still make some progress.

They didn't even ask me for documents, so am I going to have to wait another 3 days after they finally reply to verify them?

dora_wil21
Visitor
2 0 0

A plastic packer bottle  is a bottle constructed from high-density or low-density plastic. Plastic bottles are typically used to store liquids such as water, soft drinks, motor oil, cooking oil, medicine,
shampoo, milk, and ink. The size ranges from very small bottles to large carboys. Consumer blow-molded containers often have integral handles or are shaped to facilitate grasping.

Frey1
Tourist
3 0 1

Same thing just happened to me just now and I can’t seem to contact anyone that can help me…

Did you manage to fix the issue?

alex_scott334
Tourist
3 0 1
Still haven't been able to fix it. I contacted shopify and its going to
their review team or something
Frey1
Tourist
3 0 1
Yeah same thing for me. Hope we all get this fixed up!
peoplevsperson
Visitor
1 0 1

Hey Everybody,

I Just recently had this problem start like yesterday I went to change my billing info since it needed to be updated then my store went inactive seems like many people are having this issue how do you 

Resolve this issue is there a specific Shopify phone number or email how do I reach out to Shopify for help?

krbappy
Visitor
2 0 0

@peoplevsperson how much time needed for active your store?

Frey1
Tourist
3 0 1
Hi there!

It took about 3 weeks for them to give me the next steps to open my store again.
snco0112
Tourist
5 0 1

I am currently having the same issue and it has been a week. It seems like Shopify doesn’t improve their service at all for the last couple years. 

Nihat
Visitor
2 0 2

Hey, were you able to get your store back? Mine is inactive too, and for no reason!

Kford3465
Visitor
1 0 0

What’s their customer service number?

painreal
Visitor
1 0 0

yes my store also went inactive after i made $2k in sales i reached out they said they will let me know in 72 hours its been 72 hours already still nothing! store is down 

alex_scott334
Tourist
3 0 1

Have you heard anything back? My store went down after I hit 2K in sales as well. They said they would send me to their operations manager but I haven’t heard from them 

Vmuse
Tourist
4 0 2
Yes I got it back it was because I had transaction I didn’t recognize. I
disputed it with my bank, it ended up being a charge from one of the
shopify apps. Once I approved the charge, they gave me my store back. It
took about a month to get resolved, because no one would ever call me back
from shopify.
alex_scott334
Tourist
3 0 1
So should I contact my bank

moroccanvintage
Visitor
1 0 0

the same thing,just after i paied for the domaine name my account turned to inactive statut !!!

koharjohn
Visitor
1 0 0

I am also facing this issue on my account site. can anyone helps me with how I can sort out this problem?

RobertPSch1
Visitor
3 0 0

My admin site just went inactive and I've just launched the site a week ago. Everything was fine then "poof" it's inactive. 

phenix
Visitor
1 0 0

I am facing the same problem, can someone tell me how can I reactivate my store?

KHALID1221
Visitor
2 0 0

THERE IS ANY UPDATING ABOUT YOUR ISSUE ?

BECAUSE I HAVE SAME PROBLEM .

TheLuxeLend
Tourist
4 0 1

My store also went inactive after I updated the billing information. It has been down for 6 days now, but I haven’t received any update in when it will be fixed or why it went down in the first places. I’ve reached out to the support team many times and have heard nothing! I’m losing out on tons of revenue and customers have reached out wanting to place orders wondering when the site will be back up. If anyone has a customer service number or advice on how to get this resolved, please let me know!!!

binatedigital
Visitor
1 0 0

I am facing the same issue, i am a dropshipper made my account upload theme, banners and products and when i was about to make the payment for the plan my account gets inactive, i am trying to contact shopify team which is apparently available on email only, not giving any satisfactory answer or reason  

john951
Visitor
1 0 1

I am also facing the same issue. My store has been up and running for a few weeks, serving paying customers and efficiently handling various orders. However, yesterday, just as i was preparing to print more orders, the store unexpectedly stopped printing and the site is also inaccessible to my customers.

Jamieww
Visitor
1 0 1

Mine too with my founds I can't have access to anything I which they have people to talk to

snco0112
Tourist
5 0 1

I am currently having the same issue. It has been 5 days and still surprised that some of the store owner waited 3weeks to be activated AGAIN. I have orders to fulfill and other orders are waiting and really becoming inpatient. I contact Customer Service everyday and have the same answer- will tagging the ticket to escalate. I should receive an email within 24hrs- which is not true. Shopify is abusing customers.