Stuck in Shopify Support Limbo: Unable to update banking info

willrom
Visitor
3 0 0

I need to update my old Bank Account info since account is closed. I keep getting Shopify is unable to verify old account so unable to update acc/tracking #. I opened ticket 2 weeks ago, they said it was being escalated but haven't received any response on this from escalation team, support's only response is that they are experiencing high number of support tickets and that we are in the queue?!

This has been quite frustrating, we've had to delay our launch by two weeks, resulting in financial losses due to missed launch date. 

This is unacceptable, whats the issue with simply updating bank account info?

Replies 4 (4)

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1550 187 276

Hi there, @willrom. Thank you for taking the time to reach out to the Shopify Community today with your situation. My name is Imogen. It's good to meet you!

I'm sorry to hear about this delay in hearing back on your escalated ticket. It is true that some of our Internal Teams are facing larger than average queues with their tickets. The teams are working as hard as they can to get through this backlog smoothly. As soon as the Team has new information to share with you, they'll follow up with you via email to help get your bank account changed.

Do you happen to have a ticket number in relation to your escalated ticket? If so, do you mind posting it here for me? -Imogen

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

willrom
Visitor
3 0 0

Imogen, thanks for replying back. My ticket #41394958

willrom
Visitor
3 0 0

Escalation/Accounts Team finally responded back on Tuesday, after 3 weeks to simply say that the reason why we can't update banking info is that we need submit ID to verify identity. We submitted this Tuesday morning (2 days ago) , and haven't gotten any response back. I've done this with other clients in past, usually verification only takes a few hours at most 24 hours. I've followed up with Accounts Team, no response, 

I'm assuming we are back in the queue, and will have to wait another week or more to get verified.  😤 This is unacceptable. Your support used to be great, what happened?!

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1550 187 276

Hey again, @willrom. Thanks for following up with us here.

Similar to my earlier replies, as soon as the Internal Team has new information to share with you regarding the documents you've provided, they'll be in touch via email. Our Teams across the board are experiencing higher than average volumes, which is impacting turn-around times, but we're just as passionate as we always have been around our Support. I definitely understand that your wait time has been disappointing, but I'm confident that you'l experience a faster turn around time regarding your documents than what you've experienced previously.

If a few more days go by without a reply, follow up with me here and I'll see what I can do!

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog