Sub Collections / Categories

RacecarPapi
1 0 0

I am having trouble trying to find a website design that allows you to have categories inside categories that's not a drop down menu.

For example

You have a clothing category.

Then underneath you have a Men's category and Women's category.

Then underneath these are the appropriate shirt category, pants category and then products.

So it branches out.

Reply 1 (1)
Holly
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
509 63 94

Hi @RacecarPapi !

Typically, a theme will not provide you with this kind of feature natively. It is something you will need to build yourself. The way you build it will depend on the theme you end up using (whether it's a vintage theme or not) and how many subset collections you want to feature. Would you happen to have an example or screenshot of what you are trying to achieve? In the meantime, here are the general options you can consider:

• Shopify vintage theme: You can feature a subset collection through this guide
  • Shopify theme 2.0: You can utilize the new section feature that allows you to add a featured collection or product to a default collection template. (Note: this option does limit you in terms of customizing unique collection pages. It will only apply the sections you choose to the default collection template. In other words, all the collection pages will look the same.)
  • Hire a Shopify Expert: This option will give you the most freedom to customize your collections and their subset features. If you are not comfortable editing code yourself, this option is ideal.

I hope this helps. I will be happy to provide a more firm route to consider with a bit more context on what you are trying to achieve. 

Looking forward to your reply.

Cheers!

Holly | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog