Suggesting Products

xDDPx
2 0 0

Hi,

Currently, my theme is set as Dawn. I would like to be able to suggest products for my customers upon them selecting a certain product, be it adding into a cart or when clicked into the product details. 

For example, when customer click into item 1, it might say, you might wish to buy item 2 together and maybe even offer a discount if bought as a bundle

Would appreciate anyone's assistance 

Reply 1 (1)
Marty
Shopify Staff
423 67 84

Hi, @xDDPx.

Thanks for your message, I would be happy to offer you some insight into this. As noted in our Dawn theme guide here, by default, product pages have a Product information section and a Product recommendations section. Something to keep in mind, however, is that these recommendations are based on the product currently being viewed, this section displays similar products or products that are frequently bought together with this product. If you want to dig deeper into how product recommendations work with our themes, I recommend checking out our Understanding product recommendations guide

In order to add the product recommendations feature to your Dawn theme, you will need to head to Online Store>Themes>Customize>Default Product:

Then select "Products" from the top drop-down menu and then "Default Product:"

Here you will find your product recommendations section, click on it to access its specific controls for your products:

You will notice, it’ll show recommended products on your products now if they’ve been purchased alongside the product you are viewing (or if no sales, if they are in the same collection or have similar product descriptions). 

I hope this helps you out moving forward, please do not hesitate to reach out to me here if you have any questions about the above information! 

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog