Super slow backend (Blog Posts)

ameliacmbbc
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Team, 

For some reason, when I'm trying to look at/edit my blog posts under the admin backend, it's super slow to load. It's about the only page I have an issue with on the platform but it seriously impacts my work as I use the blog frequently. 

I use an app called Recipe Kits too, is this why it's so slow to load? 
Amelia

Replies 8 (8)

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @ameliacmbbc

Thank you for posting your question here on our Community forums and sharing your experience. I'm sorry to hear you've been dealing with slow loading times while editing your blogs. I’m happy to help. 

To gather a little bit more context, can you please let me know: 

• How long have you noticed this occurring? 
  • Did you recently download the app/was this around the same time you noticed slower loading times?
  • What browser are you using?
  • Is the same thing happening on multiple devices (ie, on a different computer/mobile)?
  • Is it occurring on multiple browsers (ie, chrome vs safari)? 

The first thing I suggest is to repeat the same steps on another browser. If you notice that you're not seeing slow loading times on the alternative browser then I suggest clearing your cache on the original browser. Clearing your cache helps in troubleshooting these kinds of problems and it can help increase your Shopify store's loading time. 

Please let me know if that helps. Otherwise, I would be glad to continue working on this together. I can definitely see why it is important that you can access and edit your blog posts as quickly as possible.

Talk soon, 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

ameliacmbbc
Tourist
4 0 1
Heya, thanks for getting back to me.

It's been like this from as long as I can remember, but I've had the app
installed from the get go really.

Its also very slow on my phone (the Shopify app) and other browsers. I use
Chrome though.

I've tried clearing cache but sadly this doesn't work either.

Really appreciate your help.
Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @ameliacmbbc.

Thanks for getting back to me with that additional context. Since the issue is occurring on multiple devices, it is highly likely that the slow loading times are linked to the app, Recipe Kit. When it comes to apps that were not developed directly by Shopify, my knowledge and scope of support is limited, and so it will be quicker and more effective to connect you with the developers of this app. To find their contact information, feel free to visit the Shopify App Store. The developer's contact information is listed under Support

28-03-71917-73361

I can definitely see the importance of resolving this and contacting the app developers will be the next best step. In the meantime, I'd love to hear more about your business! What type of products are you selling? 

Talk soon, 

patrickb
Shopify Expert
46 0 11

Hi @Luna !

Patrick here, the developer of Recipe Kit.

I've just spoken with @ameliacmbbc and we've confirmed that this is *not* an app issue, as she is struggling with the Shopify Admin "Edit Blog Post" page being slow; not the blog post loading slowly on the store front.

I just want to confirm that my app (nor any other app) is not capable of affecting the page loading speed of the Shopify Admin interface. Apps load on the front-end of the website, on the theme, and if they slow anything down, it would be slow there.

I believe that this would be a Shopify issue, as this is not related to any apps or any other user customized functionality, it is a core page in the Shopify Admin.

Perhaps we could get this escalated and have a developer perhaps take a look to see why Amelia is seeing long Shopify Admin page loading times? It seems like Shopify is having server issues right now, so potentially that is part of the issue?

Let me know!

Recipe Kit - Easy, beautiful & SEO friendly recipe cards on your Shopify blog posts - https://apps.shopify.com/recipe-kit
Wait.li - Product Waiting Lists for Shopify - https://apps.shopify.com/product-waiting-lists
Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @patrickb & @ameliacmbbc

Thanks for getting back to us here. I appreciate you looking into this! They did mention that this was ongoing for a while now, so I don't think it has to do with the Shopify Status currently. We can definitely get out our technical team to do some more digging. To go that route, we’ll need to access your account. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request. You can share this thread with them for additional context and to avoid having to repeat any troubleshooting.

Our support team will be more than happy to continue looking into this for you.

Warmly,

planetz
Tourist
5 0 5

Also having this issue. Don't bother with worthless questions about my browser. This is obviously a shopify problem.

Duckwells
Tourist
12 0 1

I'm having the same issue, painful to work on my site. 

mike217
Tourist
4 0 0

I am having an issue with this too. The blog post editor defaults to updating all elements as txt rather than html. It takes a few minutes before the html editor loads (until it does, the 'show html' button is greyed out).