Tags do not overwrite in csv upload

PeekabooLimited
Visitor
2 0 0

When using a CSV file to update products and checking the box to overwrite existing products, the 'Tags' column is ignored.

So the product in Shopify has tag 'A'.

I put 'A,B' as tags in the CSV against that product handle.

After uploading with the overwrite box checked, the product still only has tag 'A'.

Replies 3 (3)

Mac
Shopify Staff
1653 167 262

Hi, @PeekabooLimited

Thanks for reaching out in our Community forums and for sharing your concern, I’d be happy to help.

I understand that you are running into issues when attempting to update your product tags through our CSV file. You also mentioned that you have selected the "overwrite" button and the tags are still not updating. In theory, if you select this option, then when the handle in the import CSV file matches an existing handle in your products list, the values in CSV file overwrite the values in the matching columns in the existing product list. Please ensure that you are following the correct steps as CSV files are very delicate and many formatting issues can cause the import to fail. 

What type of editor are you currently using? A comma-separated list of tags is used to tag the product. Most spreadsheet applications automatically add quotes around the tags for you. If you use a plain text editor, then you need to manually add the quotes. For example, "tag1, tag2, tag3".

If the issue still persists in the following days, feel free to share more information by replying to this thread, or we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request. 

Feel free to let me know if you have more questions!

Mac | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

PeekabooLimited
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello Mac,

Yes the issue still persists and the CSV correctly includes quotes. I attached the CSV to my original post because I anticipated that the support response would be that my CSV file is not properly formatted.

Please let me know if you feel that there is some mistake in that sample CSV. I've tried to make it as simple as possible so that it is a reproducible bug.

maryna_harbour
5 0 0

Hello, is there any update on the issue. 

I have the same issue and can't find where is the problem.