The new shipping interface is horrible

dpd1
Explorer
63 0 41

The new change to the shipping page interface is terrible. Everyone in our org who tried it, hates it. I have no idea why anyone would think that hiding all details for outgoing orders behind a wall of menus would be a good idea. Please put it back the way it was. Users... Please check in if you agree.

Replies 5 (5)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2830 442 576

Hi @dpd1 

Thank you for your feedback. In order to fully understand what page you are looking at, would you be able to share a screenshot of what you are seeing in your admin (blurring out or covering up any sensitive info). Sometimes when we are about to roll out platform changes they are provided to a select group of merchants for testing before it rolls out to all merchants. 

When I checked my personal store I didn't see any changes to the Shipping settings under Settings > Shipping or when attempting to purchase a shipping label. If you are not sure how to take a screenshot or are not comfortable sharing that information in the community forums, please don't hesitate to reach out to our live support to provide your feedback. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

dpd1
Explorer
63 0 41

As you can see... rather than see each order completely, you’re now forced to look at every segment individually behind menus. This is slow, tedious, and leaves much more opportunity for making errors.

EA229B36-61F0-4506-BA81-53D4B7BF014E.jpeg

Peter_C
Tourist
3 0 2

I totally agree this is a giant step backwards. It's overwhelming for people processing orders, and hides so much info that we're making mistakes left and right. Especially problematic is how hidden the 'Edit customs info' is, and the strange overlay for adding insurance.

Can you please pass this along to the Shopify Product Managers?

If you are going to make dramatic changes to the UI, please have respect for your users and do the following:

1) Notify us of the changes beforehand. As small business owners, we're often dealing with fires and stress. Throwing a surprise change in UI on top of an already hectic day can make it feel like you're working against us instead of with us. If a change is coming, give us at least a few days heads up so we aren't surprised.

2) Provide an explanation in the UI. Put up a butterbar or banner that acknowledges the change and tells us if this is a test, or a permanent update.

3) Give us a clear way to give feedback. Put a link in the UI to a feedback form or survey, so we can at least feel like you're listening to us.

4) Allow a transition period where we can flip back to the old interface. If there is a major change like this, allow us to at least temporarily switch back to the old UI so that we can train our people on the new interface or at least have time to ease into it. A couple of weeks should be enough.

Shay
Shopify Staff
2830 442 576

Thank you for the screenshot @dpd1 and thank you for your sincere feedback as well @Peter_C.

I can confirm that this is a beta experience and this is something that will be rolling out to most stores soon. I have heard your feedback here and I have submitted it to our development team working on this change.

If you have additional feedback or if there are other merchants that wish to add their feedback to this thread, one of our support team will like the post to let you know that we have received it. We really appreciate any and all feedback you have about the platform.

For submitting feedback, all our frontline support is able to gather and pass along feedback on your behalf. The easiest way is to reply to your most recent billing email with your feedback or reach out to us through our social media channels. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

jdrew
Excursionist
15 0 9

Add me to this list. I’ve been dealing with this change to my shipping for a few weeks and it’s still awful. Usually I can adjust to UI changes, but this system of hiding ALL info makes my shipping experience awful. I should be able to scroll up and down to accomplish anything I need to. Not have to scroll up and down and left and right to do something as simple as ship an order. This design has been bottlenecking my shipping efficiency for weeks. And yes, I’ve made mistakes I only noticed after running the labels, numerous times. Did I say how awful it was yet? I can’t get away from having to scroll in all directions just to fill an order. On a 24” wide screen or on a 17” screen. It doesn’t matter. You still have to scroll in every direction and click a drop-down menu to see WHAT someone ordered. This layout makes zero sense from a usability or efficiency standpoint. Numerous social media data has shown scrolling up and down is intuitive and scrolling right to left isn’t. This holds true for every digital medium. Fix it. It’s awful.