Third party calculated shipping rates - NEW ZEALAND

Solved
KarlosW
3 0 0

Hi Team,

What is everyone doing for this? I am currently on the middle plan ($79) and we use go sweet spot as our carrier, they say that shopify integration works and i have it set up correctly but it doesn't work in our check out.

There is an option to Enable Third party calculated shipping rates in settings but tells me to upgrade the plan. Do you need to pay $299 a month for this feature? or is it a free upgrade if you pay annually?

Also open to any other solutions if any fellow kiwis have run through these issues all ready 

Cheers,

Karlos

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Kimi
Shopify Staff
218 29 57

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @KarlosW!

The carrier calculated shipping rate (CCS) is available for free for stores on the Advanced Shopify Plan. If you're not on this subscription plan and would like to remain on your current one instead, to enable this feature you can either:

• Request us to add CCS to your store for an extra $20 USD a month.

• Or you can change your billing period with your current Shopify plan from monthly to annually, like you mentioned. If you change your billing period to annually, we will enable the carrier calculated shipping rate onto your store for free. On top of this, Shopify also offers a 10% discount for annual plans.

In any case, to enable the carrier calculated shipping rate you'll need to reach out to our Support Team, as this can only be added from our end. At this stage, we aren't able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community Forums. So please visit our Help Centre, and login to your store here to reach out to our Support Team. We'd be happy to take a closer look at your account, and to add the carrier calculated shipping rates for your store!

Personally, I also use GoSweetSpot for my own store. I've yet to connect it to my Shopify store though, and so far I've been offering flat shipping rates for my customers, which I input myself on Shopify. This hasn't worked well for my store as I'm finding that shipping to a different island (North or South, depending on where you're based) tend to cost a lot more than shipping within island. So we're having to find a median flat rate cost for customers, and this means that at times we're having to cover the cost of shipping if we're sending to a different island. I've spoken with a few fellow business friends who utilise GoSweetSpot and integrates this directly onto Shopify, so that customers are able to see live shipping rates from GoSweetSpot on checkout. It's working well for them, so I'm going to look into integrating this for my store too!

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)
Kimi
Shopify Staff
218 29 57

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @KarlosW!

The carrier calculated shipping rate (CCS) is available for free for stores on the Advanced Shopify Plan. If you're not on this subscription plan and would like to remain on your current one instead, to enable this feature you can either:

• Request us to add CCS to your store for an extra $20 USD a month.

• Or you can change your billing period with your current Shopify plan from monthly to annually, like you mentioned. If you change your billing period to annually, we will enable the carrier calculated shipping rate onto your store for free. On top of this, Shopify also offers a 10% discount for annual plans.

In any case, to enable the carrier calculated shipping rate you'll need to reach out to our Support Team, as this can only be added from our end. At this stage, we aren't able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community Forums. So please visit our Help Centre, and login to your store here to reach out to our Support Team. We'd be happy to take a closer look at your account, and to add the carrier calculated shipping rates for your store!

Personally, I also use GoSweetSpot for my own store. I've yet to connect it to my Shopify store though, and so far I've been offering flat shipping rates for my customers, which I input myself on Shopify. This hasn't worked well for my store as I'm finding that shipping to a different island (North or South, depending on where you're based) tend to cost a lot more than shipping within island. So we're having to find a median flat rate cost for customers, and this means that at times we're having to cover the cost of shipping if we're sending to a different island. I've spoken with a few fellow business friends who utilise GoSweetSpot and integrates this directly onto Shopify, so that customers are able to see live shipping rates from GoSweetSpot on checkout. It's working well for them, so I'm going to look into integrating this for my store too!

View solution in original post

KarlosW
3 0 0

Hi Kimi,

Thanks alot for you response!

Kimi
Shopify Staff
218 29 57

@KarlosW

No worries at all, happy to help!

Ian_W
1 0 0

Hi @Kimi ... I would like to jump on that...

"

• Or you can change your billing period with your current Shopify plan from monthly to annually, like you mentioned. If you change your billing period to annually, we will enable the carrier calculated shipping rate onto your store for free. On top of this, Shopify also offers a 10% discount for annual plans."

What do I need to do?

HariKrishna
Shopify Partner
732 26 89

Hi @Ian_W,

You can directly contact Shopify support via chat to get help on that! 

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
Kimi
Shopify Staff
218 29 57

Hi @Ian_W!

You can change your store's billing period by going to Settings on your Shopify admin, then selecting Plan > Change plan > Change your billing period. You can read more about this on our Help Centre page here too.