Third party financing in Canada

imissyouvintage
2 0 0
Are there any third party payment options to offer customers so they can purchase larger ticket items through financing? Any options for Canadian sellers? Affirm and PayPal Credit are available only in the US.
0 Likes
Ren
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
688 48 112

Hello!

Ren here from the Shopify support team.

This is a great question and such an excellent feature to add to your store to help increase sales.

There are a handful of options available to Canadian sellers:

Partial.ly gives customers the option to set-up a payment plan. 
Paybright - gives the customer the option to apply for an instant loan and pay off over the course of a year. This can be set up directly in your Admin > Payment Providers > Alternative Providers.
Split Payments - is a little different and allows customers to split their payment among several cards or methods.
PUT IT ON LAY-BUY - Affordable payment plans.

What do you sell that you'll feel will benefit from adding one of these options to your store? Have you thought about marketing that fact that you'll be offering third-party financing?

Hope one of these options is what you're looking for. Let me know what you think.

Ren | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
imissyouvintage
2 0 0
Thank you for the reply. Very helpful. Looks like Paybright is the only option where merchants receive total funds up front while the third party takes care of obtaining payments from the customer.

We sell high end pre-owned designer label fashion and often get asked by customers if we offer a layaway or financing plan. Since our items are primarily on consignment, our consignors want to be paid in full when their items sell.

We will try Paybright and will advertise this new feature to our customers.

0 Likes
ChemicalFreellc
1 0 0

I am an a US based merchant needing financing  options for my Canadian customers due to my high ticket prices. Paybright looked great until I read I needed to be a Canadian based merchant. Thanks

0 Likes
Techniville
1 0 0

I couldn't find any of these options on the Shopify App Store, nor in the alternate payment options list in Settings

Cancel that, I found it

0 Likes