Solved

This site can’t be reached DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Jurec
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, 

I have a problem with access to my store. Could you please help me?

This site can’t be reached

doggieshed.com’s server IP address could not be found.

• Try running Windows Network Diagnostics.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Thank you,

Petr

Accepted Solution (1)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Jurec

Taking a look here, I believe this has already been resolved as I am able to pull up the website without any issues. However; if you are still experiencing this issue, there are a few things you can check. 

1. If this is a domain you purchased through Shopify, then this error typically stems from the domain not being verified when you purchased it. To verify the domain, you will want to go to Online Store/Domains, click on your domain. If you see a yellow banner, then you can resend the verification email; however, if you do not see a yellow banner, then that means the email bounced. To fix this, you would need to edit the "registrar information" by updating the email. Once a new email has been added, a verification email will be sent. Once verified, it can take up to 30 minutes for the domain to come online. 
  2. If this is a domain you purchased outside of Shopify, then you will want to check the DNS records using a free tool such as MXtoolbox. If no "A" record is appearing (23.227.38.65) then you will need to login to your domain manager, and ensure the record is added. Changes to your DNS records can take up to 24 hours to appear. 
  3. The error may stem from an issue with your internet service provider (ISP). If you try a different connection, or use mobile data and do not get the error, then this would be an issue with your ISP. Resetting the modem/router will typically fix this error. 

If you are seeing the error, and the steps above do not resolve the issue then please let me know as I can verify the store to take a look. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 15 (15)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Jurec

Taking a look here, I believe this has already been resolved as I am able to pull up the website without any issues. However; if you are still experiencing this issue, there are a few things you can check. 

1. If this is a domain you purchased through Shopify, then this error typically stems from the domain not being verified when you purchased it. To verify the domain, you will want to go to Online Store/Domains, click on your domain. If you see a yellow banner, then you can resend the verification email; however, if you do not see a yellow banner, then that means the email bounced. To fix this, you would need to edit the "registrar information" by updating the email. Once a new email has been added, a verification email will be sent. Once verified, it can take up to 30 minutes for the domain to come online. 
  2. If this is a domain you purchased outside of Shopify, then you will want to check the DNS records using a free tool such as MXtoolbox. If no "A" record is appearing (23.227.38.65) then you will need to login to your domain manager, and ensure the record is added. Changes to your DNS records can take up to 24 hours to appear. 
  3. The error may stem from an issue with your internet service provider (ISP). If you try a different connection, or use mobile data and do not get the error, then this would be an issue with your ISP. Resetting the modem/router will typically fix this error. 

If you are seeing the error, and the steps above do not resolve the issue then please let me know as I can verify the store to take a look. 

Stephen211
Shopify Partner
59 1 12

Hi Peter.

Pls help check out my website, I'm experiencing similar issues

I bought my domain from godaddy. https://www.teezruz.com thanks

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

@Stephen211 

I'm not seeing any issues with accessing your store on my end here. Are you still experiencing the issue? 

higsbulgaria
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Trevor,

I am getting the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error. I tried everything but nothing helped. The DNS is also OK. Can you help me? The website is higsvapes.bg

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

@higsbulgaria 

You will need to reach out to Shopify Support if the above did not resolve the issue. 

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

med95
Visitor
2 0 0

Good evening Trevor 

please check my store swimsquare.com not working despite i check A record and CNAME it's all right, but when i verify the connection in domain section it tell me that the value of  A record and CNAME record is empty while it is not empty in Domain Provider BLUEHOST.
i hope to check it as possible as you can Mr Trevor , My Greeting

med95
Visitor
2 0 0

Good evening to everyone my problem is solved it was because of verifying bluehost account Thank to everyone . My Greeting

torontech
Visitor
2 0 0

hi. Please check my website also. its domain is not connected. my website is www.torontech.ae.

It_stock
5 0 0

Please help I bought a domain from Shopify and since I've had problems going on site. First it would tell me the site wasn't safe, but I would still be able able to go to the site, but now it says site can't be reached. Please help

Coco1221
Visitor
3 0 0

Hey trevor I’m having a similar issue i bought a domain from shopify please have a look http://coconutclothing.shop

Blair
Shopify Staff
1814 253 219

Hi @Coco1221,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

After taking a closer look, it looks like your domain is not correctly pointing to Shopify. In specific, the A Record is not currently valid. If you have purchased the domain from Shopify directly, you can connect with us directly. This will allow support team to get you authenticated, as we wouldn't have access to any account details here through the Community. They will be able to ensure this gets resolved and your domain begins working as expected.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Blair | Shopify 

Coco1221
Visitor
3 0 0
Yes i have purchased my domain from shopify now what should i do with
domain settings ? Dns settings ?
Blair
Shopify Staff
1814 253 219

Great to hear @Coco1221!

In that case, you can update the A Record to point to 23.227.38.65. If for some reason, you're not seeing the option to update the DNS Records, connect with us directly. This will allow support team to get you authenticated and ensure those details get updated.  

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Blair | Shopify 

Coco1221
Visitor
3 0 0

As i have purchased it from shopify it is not a third party domain so why should i use 65 instead of 32

Blair
Shopify Staff
1814 253 219

I'd be happy to provide some clarification on this @Coco1221

Regardless of whether the domain was purchased through Shopify and/or is a third-party domain, the A Record is required to point to 23.227.38.65. This will ensure the DNS Records are correct and sucessfully pointing towards Shopify. To learn more about this, you can refer to this Helpdoc

Take care!

Blair | Shopify