Tried to add payment method but page won't load

Homedy
Tourist
4 0 3

Hi, I am trying to add a payment method to my store because I am looking to purchase a domain, but the add credit card page is not loading. 

Anyone else having similar issue?

Thanks

Replies 8 (8)

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

Hi, @Homedy!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the purchase of your domain.

Would you mind grabbing a screenshot if you have the error (or lack of page load) show up again?

We don't currently have any status updates on an error in adding payment methods to accounts at this time.

Once you grab that screenshot for me, let's try the following steps to see if we can clear this up:

1. Clear your cache on the browser you're using.

2. Fully close/quit and then reopen the browser

3. If that didn't help, open a different browser on your device and try to add the payment card there

4. Try steps 2-3 again on this new browser if you encounter the same issue

5. If you're unsuccessful there, please attempt to do this on your mobile browser or Shopify mobile app

Once you've tried these steps, we can rule out any specific issues and move on to the next steps if necessary.

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Homedy
Tourist
4 0 3

I do not see any error, but it's just loading forever to go to payment page. I did not proceed to Payment page yet. It happened to my another store, and I tried on different PC, and even phone browser and did not work.

I think it's the application issue.

TreyBaker3
Visitor
1 0 0

I am experiencing this exact issue as well. I am trying to purchase a domain but when I click the add payment method, the page take forever to load and never does. I've tried switching browsers, closing and reopening the window, as well as purchasing it through the mobile app. 

RWES
Visitor
1 0 1

Same here. Click "add credit card" and the blue bar slowly moves across the page. But nothing ever happens. No error, but it doesn't load. 

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

@RWES were you able to try out the troubleshooting steps I added to the thread earlier this month? If so and you're still experiencing this issue, you can reach out to our 24/7 live support team to get some help on clearing this up for you.

retroiscooler
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi, @Lilith!

I'm facing the same problem. You can see the screenshot below. I've tried to add the payment details from a different bowser, but the same happens.

Thanks for your support!

retroiscooler_0-1632302165350.png

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

@retroiscooler it looks like the situation that you're having is not the same as what was asked in this thread. In your screenshot, you're on Facebook, not Shopify billing.

Please go-ahead to the discussion board and post a new topic for this new question so you can get the relevant help for it. When you do that, make sure to add details on what you're trying to achieve, what led to that screenshot, and other details. Tbank you.

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

@Homedy just checking in with you here. Were you able to complete the purchase or reach out to our 24/7 support live team?