Trying to add STAFF? NOT WORKING ANY HELP?

Solved
Rosalynmitchell
Tourist
7 0 0

Hello, I am trying to add a Shopify expert to my staff so they are able to help with my tax setup.

When I add their email address it says email address already taken. 

Any help with this issue. 

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2908 380 585

This is an accepted solution.

@Rosalynmitchell 

Shopify Experts should not be added as a staff account but rather a collaborator account. 

Once you've posted your job request on the Expert Marketplace and accepted an offer via your admin by following our steps here, then the Expert will need to send you a collaborator request. Using a collaborator account is the best method to use when providing access to Shopify Experts or Shopify Partners as they do not go towards your staff account limit. 

Note: People claiming to be "Shopify Experts" on third-party platforms such as Fiverr are not verified by Shopify. Experts should only be hired via the Shopify Expert Marketplace. Hiring help through third-party services such as Fiverr is not recommend as people are often scammed, or the work provided results in malicious code being added to the store and/or breaking their store. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Rosalynmitchell
Tourist
7 0 0

I don’t see collaborator account on my Shopify account. When I click user and permissions it just shows my store owner and staff..

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2908 380 585

@Rosalynmitchell 

The expert will need to send you the collaborator request as it can not be done on your end. They can follow our guide here on how to set this up. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes