trying to get a refund from an accidental monthly Subscription

ColinFoley1
Visitor
1 0 0

Dear Shopify support,

I signed up for a $1 for 3 trial and was messing around to see what I could do on Shopify. I thought the Shopify plan you created allowed you to create a store, and it just took a $1 fee to open each store after experimenting with my store. I never checked its subscription because I thought opening a store was a one-time fee. I should have read the fine print and realized that the account had its subscription.
Still, I was eager to start designing a website and breezed over everything. I recently got a $399 charge that took money from my bank account. I had just learned that my store was under subscription or still active when I saw the charge, as it has been inactive for the past 2+ months. I canceled the subscription when I got the invoice, but it was too late. I am a college student and don't have the funds to pay for the $399 charges. My mom and dad are pissed because I don't have that kind of money, and they are stressed about whether or not I'll be able to get it back. Shopify doesn't usually refund subscriptions. Still, I would like you guys to make an exception, considering my situation. Please let me know if there is anything I can do; I appreciate the help.

Reply 1 (1)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2645 430 554

Hi @ColinFoley1 

I definitely understand your situation, and while you are correct that we generally do not provide refunds we are happy to review situations on a case by case basis. The best thing you can do at this time is connect with our chat support team through our Help Center to make this request. 

To access our authenticated support, please follow this link: Shopify Help Center. Open the AI chat window and type "Contact Support" to get started. Follow the prompts to sign into your store account and get connected. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog