Unable to add DKIM Cname record for 365 email

Wearl
1 0 6

We use 365 for email and the domain DNS is controlled by Shopify.

To enable better mail flow from 365 we have to setup all the relevant SPF/DKIM and dmarc policies. This is something i've done many times on our other domains that are held of Fasthosts and Godaddy. SPF and Dmarc are fine, however when i try to add the 2 Cname records i get the following error message.

"unable to add dns record. value must be a valid FQDN"

selector1._domainkey
selector1-mydomain-com._domainkey.mydomain.onmicrosoft.com

selector2._domainkey
selector2-mydomain-com._domainkey.mydomain.onmicrosoft.com

I know that the syntax is correct, but i can't seem to get anyone at Shopify to even understand the concept of DKIM so reaching out to anyone on here.

CALLEO
1 0 2

I have a couple clients with same issues. I still cannot get Shopify to correct or respond. Last attempt: I did Chat with "William" and he was to email me a response.

The problem is the "_" underscore character. There mechanism to update Google DNS is poor and will not accept the underscore character "_".

It's a simple fix SHOPIFY. and it IS standard to allow the character in CNAME records. Even if you cant correct your scripts to add the records, you can manually do it. I have 2 clients that need this corrected ASAP, before they drop Shopify and I move to steer others away. 

Please message or email me directly if you have questions.

JamesDevng
1 0 1

I'm also having this issue. Shopify needs to respond immediately so the problem is fixed. I've seen posts from two years ago with the same story. Please help us!

Dries_Pieters
Shopify Partner
92 0 34

+1 same issue

elly5
Tourist
4 1 5

CNAME with underscore still can't be added using Shopify domain management. Will have to transfer domain management away from Shopify

Is there any logged bugfix for allowing underscore records coming up ?

Alexsok
2 0 0

Same issue, please fix. 

0 Likes