Unable to create my store on Shopify

GDDeals
1 0 0

Hello,

I had my virtual assistant create a store for me that i can no longer access. When i login it asks me to create a store but when i use my store name it says that it already exists and can not be used. That would be because i have already created it but cannot access it. I am also trying to link my domain from GoDaddy with no success. Can you please advise how i can gain access to this store again and also the plans as i would like to start building my website.

Thanks,

Reply 1 (1)
Ollie
Shopify Staff
422 47 73

Hey @GDDeals.

Thanks for reaching out.

Looking into this, I would suggest attempting to use our account recovery tool to see if you can recover the store in question. If you are trying to create another store with the same store name, this will default in an error. With that being said, when you create your online store on Shopify, you are given a URL that will end in .myshopify.com and we cannot have two accounts with the same URL. I would suggest either removing the spaces on the store name or coming up with another similar name.

In regards to your GoDaddy domain, you should be able to connect this directly to the store in question as long as the domain is pointed correctly at your store. We do have an in depth guide that goes over connecting your third-party domain with Shopify.

Let me know if you have any questions, looking forward to your reply.

Ollie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog