Solved

Why can't I reactivate my paused Shopify store?

RoDeSantis
Tourist
4 0 0

Please, I need help. I paused my store yesterday for texting and I want to reopen today and I'm not able to do it.

My billing already has multiple subscription fees trying to reopen it without success. How to reopen my store? Please help!

Thanks!

Accepted Solution (1)

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 220

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @RoDeSantis!

From what you're describing, it sounds like the fees incurred upon reactivation aren't going through whenever you attempt to reopen your store. In order to proceed with reopening, you need to select a plan and settle the amount as the subscription fee is invoiced at the beginning of your monthly or annual subscription. You can try updating your payment method by clicking Pick a plan when you log in and if the payment goes through, you will be able to access your admin and store.

If the issue is caused by something else, we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

In order to save some time, and help the Support Advisor you speak with to pick up from where you and I have left off, I am going to provide you with a summary of the issue as I understand it. You can share this summary at the beginning of your conversation with the agent to bring you both up to speed and help to get your answers as quickly as possible.

Issue Summary: Unable to reopen store after being on the Pause plan

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 220

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @RoDeSantis!

From what you're describing, it sounds like the fees incurred upon reactivation aren't going through whenever you attempt to reopen your store. In order to proceed with reopening, you need to select a plan and settle the amount as the subscription fee is invoiced at the beginning of your monthly or annual subscription. You can try updating your payment method by clicking Pick a plan when you log in and if the payment goes through, you will be able to access your admin and store.

If the issue is caused by something else, we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

In order to save some time, and help the Support Advisor you speak with to pick up from where you and I have left off, I am going to provide you with a summary of the issue as I understand it. You can share this summary at the beginning of your conversation with the agent to bring you both up to speed and help to get your answers as quickly as possible.

Issue Summary: Unable to reopen store after being on the Pause plan

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

RoDeSantis
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi Summer!

Thanks for replying! I finally could reopen the store, but what happened is that when I try several times to reopen the store, it charged me several subscriptions fees. to be exact $150.80 in subscription and I pay basic plan monthly. How to solve it? Could you help me? 

I appreciate your answer!

Thank you! 

Roberta

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 220

@RoDeSantis My pleasure, Roberta!

It's difficult to explain the amount and why it was charged several times without accessing your account; however, there's a possibility that the amount includes other fees such as app fees, or more than a month's subscription. There's also a likelihood that these multiple charges are payment attempts that turned into pending authorizations, which are expected to drop off eventually.

So we can check and know the exact reason behind the multiple payments and the amount, please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request. Our Support Advisors will be able to access your account and explain the situation then.