Solved

Unable to see my products on my shopify store

GD4
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello, 

Everything was going smoothly with setting up my shopify store until I noticed that the products I imported to the online store using Oberlo aren't actually displayed on the website. I assigned them to a collection and they're still not showing. I read a message saying that I need to update my menu to be able to add the collection to the online store navigation. What does that even mean?

I would appreciate your help! Thank you.

Accepted Solution (1)

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 222

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @GD4! Welcome to Shopify Community!

You'll need to manually add your products to your website in order for them to be visible to your customers and visitors. Products you add to your admin don't automatically appear on your website as you have the flexibility to choose how you showcase them.

As you mentioned, one of the ways you can add products to your website is to add them (or the collection they're in) to your navigation or your menu. Besides that, you can add them to a section on your homepage. Feel free to refer to the following guides to add the products to your online store.

Add collection or products to your navigation or menu

1. In your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Navigation.
  2. Click the menu you would like to add it to (e.g. Main menu).
  3. Click Add menu item.
  4. Enter a name.
  5. Click the Link box and select Collections or Products.
  6. Click the appropriate collection or product you would like to add.
  7. Click Add.
  8. Click Save menu.

Add collection or products to a section on the homepage

1. In your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
  2. Click Customize beside the theme you would like to add the products to.
  3. On the left sidebar, click Add section.
  4. Click the section you wish to add.
    • Click Collection list to add a link to a collection
    • Click Featured collection to feature a selection of products in a collection
    • Click Featured product to feature one product
  5. Select the collection or product on the right sidebar.
  6. Click Save.

Make sure your products are active and have been set to be available in the online store so they appear on your website after you add them. You can follow the steps from this guide to ensure this.

While you're still setting up your dropshipping store, make sure to do some research on how to make your dropshipping business a success. Learning what can contribute to success and planning your pathway can create a foundation for a flourishing business. Running a store is no easy feat, but there are plenty of resources today that will guide you towards reaching your business goals. If you're interested in growing your business, I highly recommend reading this blog post and starting your research from there.

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 222

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @GD4! Welcome to Shopify Community!

You'll need to manually add your products to your website in order for them to be visible to your customers and visitors. Products you add to your admin don't automatically appear on your website as you have the flexibility to choose how you showcase them.

As you mentioned, one of the ways you can add products to your website is to add them (or the collection they're in) to your navigation or your menu. Besides that, you can add them to a section on your homepage. Feel free to refer to the following guides to add the products to your online store.

Add collection or products to your navigation or menu

1. In your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Navigation.
  2. Click the menu you would like to add it to (e.g. Main menu).
  3. Click Add menu item.
  4. Enter a name.
  5. Click the Link box and select Collections or Products.
  6. Click the appropriate collection or product you would like to add.
  7. Click Add.
  8. Click Save menu.

Add collection or products to a section on the homepage

1. In your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
  2. Click Customize beside the theme you would like to add the products to.
  3. On the left sidebar, click Add section.
  4. Click the section you wish to add.
    • Click Collection list to add a link to a collection
    • Click Featured collection to feature a selection of products in a collection
    • Click Featured product to feature one product
  5. Select the collection or product on the right sidebar.
  6. Click Save.

Make sure your products are active and have been set to be available in the online store so they appear on your website after you add them. You can follow the steps from this guide to ensure this.

While you're still setting up your dropshipping store, make sure to do some research on how to make your dropshipping business a success. Learning what can contribute to success and planning your pathway can create a foundation for a flourishing business. Running a store is no easy feat, but there are plenty of resources today that will guide you towards reaching your business goals. If you're interested in growing your business, I highly recommend reading this blog post and starting your research from there.

GD4
Visitor
2 0 0

It worked! Thank you! 

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 222

That's great, @GD4! My pleasure and thanks for the update. Don't hesitate to create a new post if you have other concerns!