unable to transfer the store ownership

kumararavinthfg
Shopify Partner
11 0 3

I have developed the store for client, now I want to transfer the ownership to them but I am getting error "invalid password". Can anyone pls help me on that?  thanks in advance.

Replies 5 (5)

Maggio
Tourist
10 0 1

@kumararavinthfg wrote:

I have developed the store for client, now I want to transfer the ownership to them but I am getting error "invalid password". Can anyone pls help me on that?  thanks in advance.

How can I make sure my EIN number and business information is removed from the Payment Providers section whenever I transfer ownership??

www.MyAARPMedicare.com

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 955

Hi @Maggio 

You should reach out to the Shopify Support team to update/remove EIN number and business information directly via their Help Center using this link. Once you visit that link and log in to your account, you can submit a support request with the team, and they'll be happy to continue assisting you on live chat, email, or through a callback. This is the most optimum solution for your query.

banned

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 955

Hi @kumararavinthfg 

1. The password here would be the password you use to log into your store. Please double-check if you have entered the correct password. If you forget your password, you can follow this guide to reset. 

2. Please make sure you have created a staff account for your client and follow those steps to transfer ownership. 

3. If you don't see anywhere to enter the password, only the "invalid password" error shows. You should contact Shopify support to resolve this issue quickly. 
- Go to  Shopify Help Center and log into your account
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select "Continue" under "Get support."
- From there, you can contact our team directly. 

4. Another solution could be to change the account owner's email address and other details to the intended new owner's details, after which you can give them the password or have them create a new password by clicking this link.

If you feel like my answer is helpful, please mark it as a SOLUTION. Let me know if you have any questions!

banned

ChiragVyas
Shopify Partner
1 0 1

lmao 2 years later but the solution is:

It shows invalid password because you logged in using your google account, so there IS no "password"

so what you have to do is somewhere in settings under connected account etc, you will find your login is Google login. You need to click Disconnect Google. Once you click that, you will find Shopify popup saying you need to create a Shopify login password.

Simply make a password, save.

Then go back, and try transfer ownership again, should work smoothly.

If not, add them as a staff first with all permissions, THEN try transfer again.

SenneBuurman
Visitor
1 0 0

This worked! Thank you for still commenting this.