Solved

Unable to view or edit cost of product variants

Carrielim
Tourist
7 1 2

Hi, I used to be able to view/edit the cost of the product from the product details page. However, the edit button next to the variant is now missing. Unless I select 'bulk edit', I can't seem to view or edit the individual product variant cost. Is there an easier way?

Accepted Solution (1)

Ablestar_Daniel
Shopify Partner
96 13 17

This is an accepted solution.

Hello,

Shopify recently made some changes to editing variants in the admin and lots of things got mixed around. You should still be able to see the individual variants though by clicking on the name of the variant. Clicking on the row doesn't work, but in the screenshot below you'd want to click on the 'S':

Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 12.20.49 PM.png

That should take you to the individual variant page where you can edit the cost:

Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 12.23.27 PM.png

I hope that helps, if you're not seeing the same thing let me know and we can try and figure it out.

Best,

Daniel

Founder @ Ablestar ✦
Manage product data, spreadsheets, Google Shopping data, and metafields with Ablestar Bulk Product Editor. Use previews, undos, and automations to be confident your product data is correct.
Please don't forget to Like and Mark Solution to the post that helped you. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Ablestar_Daniel
Shopify Partner
96 13 17

This is an accepted solution.

Hello,

Shopify recently made some changes to editing variants in the admin and lots of things got mixed around. You should still be able to see the individual variants though by clicking on the name of the variant. Clicking on the row doesn't work, but in the screenshot below you'd want to click on the 'S':

Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 12.20.49 PM.png

That should take you to the individual variant page where you can edit the cost:

Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 12.23.27 PM.png

I hope that helps, if you're not seeing the same thing let me know and we can try and figure it out.

Best,

Daniel

Founder @ Ablestar ✦
Manage product data, spreadsheets, Google Shopping data, and metafields with Ablestar Bulk Product Editor. Use previews, undos, and automations to be confident your product data is correct.
Please don't forget to Like and Mark Solution to the post that helped you. Thanks!
Carrielim
Tourist
7 1 2

Thanks Daniel, that works. 

Altheragman
Not applicable
1 0 1

Been trying to sort this for hours! Suddenly stopped working. Thanks for the 'fix' but not impressed-just makes everything more long-winded.

Dricamod
Visitor
1 0 1

I was having the same issue. It is quite frustrating when you are used to the system and it changes with no warnings. In my opinion having the Edit button beside the variant is much easier.  

Thanks for your help Daniel!