Unfilled orders badge count mismatch with actual displayed in Admin page

Solved
nouvolo
Tourist
4 0 1

My orders to fulfil badge count does not match my actual orders to fulfil. The correct count is in the admin content page, i.e. badge is the wrong count. This problem persists with my mobile app (iOS) also.

Anybody can fix this?

Also I think this may be causing issue with me generating reports with Report Pundit, where orders paid out in the Payout page status remains as "in transit" when exported.

Screenshot 2019-12-18 at 2.37.39 PM.png

0 Likes
Dani
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
221 43 94

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @nouvolo,

Dani here from Shopify. Thanks for writing in!

The badge in the menu on the left displays open orders, or any order that hasn't been archived yet. You may have already set up automatic order archiving, but orders that have been refunded or canceled won't be automatically archived. If you go to Orders > Open orders, you'll see all open orders that may include these refunded or canceled orders.

You can then follow the instructions provided in this guide to manually archive the orders that are now closed. Once you archive the orders that are complete, you'll see the badge number on the left-hand menu reflect this change.

I suspect this wouldn't be affecting how the Report Pundit app pulls reports, but to be sure I would recommend reaching out to their support team directly.

How have your sales been so far? Have you found any specific pain points that you'd like to resolve in the new year?

Let me know if you have any further questions. I'd be happy to continue helping you!

All the best,

Dani

Dani | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

nouvolo
Tourist
4 0 1

That solved my problem, thanks, you such a guru! :)

Just been using Shopify to sell for less than a year, so far so good :)

0 Likes
bizzybdev
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi - I am having the same issue, but when I tried to follow the steps above, it didn't resolve our issue. We have orders set to archive manually after fulfillment, but they don't appear to be doing so. Even after manually trying to archive completed orders, the order count in the sidebar is not changing. Is this just some bug or is there another step we are possibly missing? Thanks.Screen Shot 2020-03-13 at 12.12.43 PM.png

0 Likes
Dani
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
221 43 94

Hi @bizzybdev,

I'd be happy to help you! I'd like to double-check that you have archived the orders, and not just fulfilled them. Can you share a screenshot from your Open orders tab? If you're seeing orders here that are fulfilled, then you'll still need to archive them following these steps.

Additionally, you can also set your orders to automatically archive after they've been fulfilled in your checkout settings.

Looking forward to getting to the bottom of this with you!

All the best,

Dani

0 Likes
bizzybdev
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi,

We do have orders set to automatically archive after fulfilled, which is why I'm confused that they aren't. 

Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 4.10.41 PM.png

However, I did notice a pattern. It seems to be that orders where we have partially refunded the payment are consistently not auto-archiving. Is that common or occurring for some reason? 

Screen Shot 2020-03-15 at 4.08.16 PM.png

Thanks.

0 Likes
Dani
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
221 43 94

Thanks for sharing that context @bizzybdev! In this case, that's intentional. When you refund an order, you unarchive the order to make that payment change. Since you're not fulfilling it again, the system doesn't automatically archive the order again.

You can bulk archive these orders by filtering for orders with a payment status as "partially refunded" or "refunded", selecting all, and selecting the option to archive them. 

16-40-bus97-s8kkh

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Dani

0 Likes
Odin_Clack1
Shopify Partner
2 0 1

Ah!!! Thank you for this explanation and answer. The discrepancy in the two numbers was driveing me crazy. 

0 Likes