Can I access a detailed units sold report on Shopify?

Rob44
Excursionist
45 0 38

Hello,

The "units sold" section of the analytics dashboard only shows the top 5 products, frustratingly.

Most of the sections on the analytics dashboard have a "view report2 link where you can see the full report.  However, "units sold" does not have this link.

There must be a way of finding out exactly how many units of each product have been sold during a certain time period?  Surely?  I can't find it....

How can I get this info please?

Thanks!

Rob.

Replies 51 (51)

Ann456
Shopify Staff
516 0 119

Hey, Rob, 

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify 🙂

At this time, this isn't a report that is available through Shopify. That said, I can definitely see how something like this would be handy- can you tell me a bit more detail about how this would benefit you and your business? Any more information can be really helpful. 

Along with that, can you include the URL for your store? That way I can pass your feedback along to our team of developers and they can also track how many stores would benefit from a feature like this. 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

rob_bio
Tourist
3 0 8

Hi Shopify,

Any progress on this report? It is an essential metric for us. Units sold is volume of sales - how much stock is actually moving rather than how much cash is being generated. The two are linked and need to be reported separately!

Cheers,

Rob.

K9AF
Visitor
1 0 5

Yep.. also want this BASIC tool, awaiting your response. Thanks.

AvenueCoworking
Visitor
2 0 6

This is a tool we absolutely need as well.

Any update on whether you will be making it available?

Steve_Morrier
Visitor
2 0 10

I was able to figure out units sold by whatever time frame I wanted by going to:

Analytics/Reports/Inventory/Percentage of Inventory Sold.

You will get all the information you need there. I can't believe Shopify hasn't posted this already.

Ashleyeaw
Visitor
1 0 5

I was able to find that report but my numbers on it are not true. It is showing negative numbers also. Do you have any insight why or how to fix that. This is crazy this is not a products/ units sold standard report! 

andrenamcp
Visitor
1 0 0

Thank you! This is really helpful. I was just about to download another app, but this is great. 

Linda27
Tourist
4 0 4

Unfortunately it doesn't work for me as I've probably changed the inventory a few times. I just want to go to the products and it can tell me how many I have sold total of that product

padhia
Visitor
1 0 6

We need to be able to see a list of our products and the numbers sold so that we can see what is selling the best and what is not performing well and figure out how to market it. It is a key piece of  creating strategies and deciding new inventory moving forward. There are so many reasons why a shop owner needs this vital data, this is actually the only report I am really interested in. We should not have to use a 3rd party app, this is basic vital info.

As someone commented in the suggestion: The Analytics--> reports --> percentage of inventory sold  has incorrect data. 

kabahead
Tourist
3 0 3

I agree with everything being said here. This needs to be a standard report that is easily accessible from the reports panels. I switched over to Shopify from a competitor and am shocked to see how many basic things are missing from the Shopify platform.

KBetterReports
Shopify Partner
69 0 25

Hi Linda,

Kritesh here from Better Reports team.

I believe our app Better Reports can help with this request. If you change the product name a few times, we can still report the quantity sold basis the new product name or the original (at the time of sale) product name.

We also can show top-selling products over a custom time period, along with their sold value.

I encourage you to install Better Reports and start your free 14-day trial and I'll be happy to set this up for you.

Let me know how you go, and feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

Disclaimer: I am part of the Better Reports support team.

Piam
Shopify Partner
25 1 11

I couldn’t agree more with the sentiment of this thread. This is precisely why there is an app marketplace to try and meet these sorts of needs. 

While taking nothing away from all the other options put forward, I’d like to also suggest that you try our app By the Numbers.  It has a free 14-day trial.

Not only do we surface your Top Selling Products, Total Items Sold, we also show you your Movers and Shakers so you know what products are gaining and losing in momentum as you can see below:

MoversAndShakers.png

I’m on the support team, feel free to reach out to me at support@bythenumbersapp.com

Cofounder, By the Numbers
(https://apps.shopify.com/by-the-numbers)
piam@bythenumbersapp.com
DropsofSparkles
Excursionist
11 0 22

Whyyyyy on earth this isn't part of the BASIC Shopify plan is beyond me. And to make something that is so basic and VITAL to a small business (as knowing the amount of products sold in a time period) NOT be included in basic plan is ridiculous to me!!! I am not downloading a 3rd party for this! I would rather count on my fingers. Ugh.

Entaice
Pathfinder
121 7 36

100% agree with you @DropsofSparkles.  Shopify is wonderful, but there are a few basic things that can be really difficult like product analytics and sorting.  Right now your best bet is to use a 3rd party app:

https://apps.shopify.com/search?q=analytics

No horse in this race, but give conversific a look.  

You can increase your revenue by 5% by replacing Shopify's default sorts. Test for free. **Show me how**
Angelfab
Excursionist
36 1 14

Like everyone else here I can’t understand how such a basic report is not available as it’s obviously crucial to know which are your most seen products, most added to cart and most sold products in one report.

This feature is available on Etsy and so handy!

On my side, the percent of inventory sold shows each variant as an independent product which makes it useless as all our products are available in 7 sizes. Hence I would need to know which products sell the best independently of its size. 

Angelfab
Excursionist
36 1 14

The problem is that you can get your best sellers of the mother product : ie without variant/options.

we sell one type of product and each in 7 sizes, this method gives me the top sales by product with all sizes being on a different line making it real hard to find out which ones sell the best independently of its size.

NMG23
Visitor
1 0 3

Shopify - this basic report to see total units sold for any product is very important. I don't want to see my total orders, I need to know the total units sold. I hope you're making this reporting feature a priority. 

chrispageau
Tourist
5 0 1

Thank you for this tip.

Can't believe the folks at Shopify didn't know how to do this. 

JacquelineS2020
Visitor
1 0 0

Thank you so much for this!

Report-Pundit
Trailblazer
303 11 20

Hello @rob_bio,

I am John from Report Pundit, a reporting and analytics app for Shopify.

Yes your requirement is doable with Report Pundit. We have a pre-created report called "Total Product Sold". The report will show the total units sold, net sales, product cost, etc.

Additionally, our support team can create any type of custom reports for free.

Find the screenshot for your reference.

RPUS1.png

RPUS2.png

Thanks

Report Pundit - Instant reports and custom dashboards
anna66
Tourist
4 0 15

this is a pretty old thread, but just wanted to put it out there, that yes, it's crazy this isn't a standard option

ABC184
Visitor
2 0 0

Has this been rectified yet? Its been an ongoing request for years... has anyone found a way to do it?

LouisD
Visitor
2 0 2

Hey this is essential basic info any business needs,

I can literally count them from Orders but that's why we have computers.... please update the analytics.. this is unbelievable lol 

Jatz
Tourist
7 0 4

Wow... several years on and this still hasn't been addressed.

Yes, I can see my total orders no problem, but it really is crazy that I can't look up all the different units sold in those orders through July for example!

Get it sorted Shopify, this VERY SIMPLE analytic should sit right beside total orders in the overview dashboard.

Such a simple thing that is so frustrating.

Piam
Shopify Partner
25 1 11

I know it's been said before but it's worth repeating for everyone new to this thread.

Yes, there are many apps that provide this feature and more including mine By the Numbers. It has a free 14 day trial. And even if you decide to stay on the free plan the Products Sold report is provided for everyone for no charge:

ProductSoldReport.PNG

If you have any questions I’m on the support team, feel free to reach out to me at support@bythenumbersapp.com.

piam@bythenumbersapp.com
hudsonvallin
Visitor
1 0 1

I am new to Shopify and loved it until now, when I realised there is no means to see how much units of each product you have sold over a certain period of time. Only the top 5!

That's crazy. I agree with everyone else that this should be a BASIC feature.

Aidywan
Tourist
3 0 3

Hi there,

We would also very much like to have this standard report available, the reason being, we import thousands of different products but keep only the most popular items in stock on hand. We are a small business and cannot afford to store large quantities, or hold stock that isn't moving fast enough.

This report would tell us exactly what we need to know in order to plan our inventory holdings more efficiently.

Thanks,

Aidan

MadeinBmore
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello, I am curious about this too. How can we see more than 5 of the top-selling products? I would like to see at least the top 25 selling products over a customized period of time. Is this possible?

Piam
Shopify Partner
25 1 11

As the co-founder of By the Numbers, I can confidently suggest it as a solution for tracking and analyzing your store's top-selling products. By the Numbers is a powerful app that allows you to track key metrics such as products sold, customer lifetime value (LTV), product repurchase rate, cohort analysis, and allows for full data segmentation. You can check out our app here: https://apps.shopify.com/by-the-numbers (free for 14 days with no commitment).

Please let me know if you have any questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.

piam@bythenumbersapp.com
saschabb
Visitor
2 0 0

It's been five years! I actually started to like Shopify, but things like this, let me stick to WC.

Rob44
Excursionist
45 0 38

Ann,

Thanks for your response.

I am strugling to believe that Shopify has absolutely no way of telling me how many units of an item I sold in a particular time frame?!  Perahps I didn;t explain my question correctly - because the inability to do this seems entirely inexplicable.

Surely it can do this?

Thanks

Rob.

Ann456
Shopify Staff
516 0 119

Hey, Rob, 

I can definitely take a second look into this for you! Can you explain a bit further what you needed just to make sure we're on the same page? Then I can go from there. 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Ariel_Dubov
Tourist
3 0 16

I've also been perplexed on how to get this data. Is there any way to know how many units of an item I sold in a particular time frame? 

AskTheDevil
Visitor
1 0 4

I am also surprised to find out there is currently no way to see which of our items have sold the most and which haven't sold at all.  We have several designs for sale via Custom Cat, but would like to know beyond the top five best sellers how many units of each item have sold.  This would help determine my own personal finances, as that some of the merchandise on our site features different members of our team, and each of us are meant to receive different bonuses based on which of our items sell.

CCR
Tourist
3 0 9

I am also shocked that this is not report in Shopify.  This is such a basic report that any small business needs for so many things.  Has there been any resolution as to why this is not a report in Shopify?  Or is it now a report?  Please help!

ArthurJhawke
Visitor
1 0 6

I also want this BASIC report

Piam
Shopify Partner
25 1 11

Hey Folks,

I'm Piam the co-founder at By the numbers. It sounds like we have something that might help. Take a look and let me know if this is the view you need:

FinalProductPage.PNG

If that’s not what you are looking for, just let me know what you need and we’ll add it!

You can reach me directly at piam@bythenumbersapp.com

Kind regards,

Piam

piam@bythenumbersapp.com
lot-x1
Visitor
1 0 4
Hi All !

I would also like a report of all units sold and not just the top performing products . Data drives my business . Can anyone help point me in the right direction . The Dashboard is just a snapshot.
Linda27
Tourist
4 0 4

You should not have to buy an app. It should be a standard in shopify as most businesses would want to know how many of a certain product they have sold.

David_T8
Tourist
3 0 3

I need this info too,

its a basic report...

bobby_beachlife
Visitor
2 0 0

Hey everyone,

No need to purchase any of their sales pitch! 🤑

If you use oberlo go on your dashboard -> orders then select the date you need and -> export

once download in csv file, filter the spreadsheet with the product you need to count.

In libreoffice copy the name of the desired product, then go to -> data -> more filters -> standard filters

in "field name" select product, "condition" select = and in "value" paste the exact name of your product

You now have your spreadsheet fill only with your selected product

Now select the rows all the rows containing your product name, once selected you'll see written "SUM" or something in the bottom right of your window, click right and select "countA" and it will give you the exact number of rows selected,

Here you go, you have now the number you were looking for! 😀

Ariel_Dubov
Tourist
3 0 16

I figured it out! You have to upgrade to "Shopify"  for $79/month to get those reports. You don't have access to the data using "Basic Shopify". 

kabahead
Tourist
3 0 3

Ah thanks for the update. That's still a little ridiculous to me. The platform I just switched from had that report standard at the $29/month level along with some other functions that Shopify is lacking. Might need to switch back cuz I can't do $79/mo. 

CCR
Tourist
3 0 9

There is a work around for this.

analytics

reports

inventory

% inventory sold report

That will get you the information you need.

Linda27
Tourist
4 0 4

All I want is an actual number of units sold. If I add 50 units of a product then another 10 and then 20 etc I want to quickly find out how many I have sold altogether.

chrispageau
Tourist
5 0 1

CCR is correct. Just go to the "percent of inventory" sold report. See column "quantity sold" and that's exactly what everyone on this thread is looking for. 

anna66
Tourist
4 0 15

I can’t believe it. After 5 years when I posted this an answer had finally been found. Thank you all who replied and especially CCR for posting the solution. Funny I had stopped reading the replies for a long time because I didn’t see an answer but today I did. And so glad. 
have a great day everyone. 

Catholicgiftsca
Visitor
2 0 2

I have found a way to determine my top products!  I have added all of my products into a collection called "Gift Shop".  I can then click to have the list sorted by best selling.  Hopefully, Shopify adds a more detailed report within their analytics dashboard, it would be nice to be able to see the ranking of all products by date range and quantities purchased within that timeframe.

whickey15
Tourist
9 0 10

@Shopify can we please have this feature...like you can go to Analytics and the dashboard literally show the top 5 products "by units sold"....aside from that 'quick view'...why is this not a report in Analytics?

We dont want to buy an app for that. Just want to know what sold today is all(without downloading csv's and making excel sheets). Pretty basic.