Solved

How can I switch to a new .com email address from Gmail?

aescollectibles
Visitor
3 0 0

How can I change current email address to a new email address? The reason is I have gmail and wanted to change to my new email address with extension .com. I already set up Google Suite (Paid Service). Thank you!

Charles Carlson

Accepted Solution (1)

Victor
Shopify Staff
2451 226 522

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Charles,

Thank you for getting in touch. Are you wanting to change the email address that you log in with, or the public email address that customers can view and use to contact you?

The email address you use to log in forms part of your Shopify ID, and can be changed once you're logged into your store. You should see your name in the top-right corner of your Shopify admin, and if you click here and select "Manage account", you'll then see an option to change your email address:

23-37-21970-61942

23-38-83225-89431

If you'd instead like to change the public-facing email address you use that customers will see, you can do this in the Settings section of your Shopify admin:

23-43-26656-55210

I hope this helps but please let me know if you have more questions!

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

Victor
Shopify Staff
2451 226 522

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Charles,

Thank you for getting in touch. Are you wanting to change the email address that you log in with, or the public email address that customers can view and use to contact you?

The email address you use to log in forms part of your Shopify ID, and can be changed once you're logged into your store. You should see your name in the top-right corner of your Shopify admin, and if you click here and select "Manage account", you'll then see an option to change your email address:

23-37-21970-61942

23-38-83225-89431

If you'd instead like to change the public-facing email address you use that customers will see, you can do this in the Settings section of your Shopify admin:

23-43-26656-55210

I hope this helps but please let me know if you have more questions!

aescollectibles
Visitor
3 0 0

Great. I got the login email address changed is what I am looking for. I can see the Shopify made some changes. thank you.

Charles Carlson

aescollectibles
Visitor
3 0 0

What about the address from my Shopify Community account email address that I want to make change? It won't let me. I plan to close my gmail account is the reason why I need to make some changes. Thank you.

Charles Carlson

community account email.png

Victor
Shopify Staff
2451 226 522

Hi Charles,

Did you go ahead and change the email address for your Shopify ID? If so, you should just need to log into the Community again and the new email address you've added should be added to your Community account as well.

If you have changed your Shopify ID email address and are still not seeing this address appear in your Community profile after logging in, please let me know and I'll see what we can do from our end on getting this changed for you.

Noa_Segev
Shopify Partner
9 0 1

i have updated my store email, and still getting emails from my contact us page to my old mail.... 

Victor
Shopify Staff
2451 226 522

Hi @Noa_Segev,

Have you changed the Sender email in your store? This is where completed contact forms are sent. You can find this in the Notifications section of the Shopify admin.