How can I effectively communicate with UPS as a Shopify user?

DeliciousFoodDe
Visitor
2 0 0

We are struggling to work with UPS. They repeatedly have told us over the last 3 weeks that they can't talk to us because we have an account through Shopify. They also would not send us printers since we have a merchant account. Literally the rep just told us, "I'm not even supposed to be talking to you right now but I wanted to call you back because I know that you've been getting the runaround. But since you are tied to Shopify, I'm not allowed to talk to you."  We just want to tell them that we need over 5,000 boxes picked up from us next week (advent calendars) and they keep passing us off to department to department. Any advice on how to talk to anyone at UPS? 

Replies 4 (4)

DlvrUS
Tourist
5 0 1

That doesn't make any sense.  Why would UPS care if you're on shopify? Especially with 5000 boxes!!  A few options here:

1. Here is a corporate number  1-404-828-6000

2.  This is a number for a sales rep but could be regional 203.915.8265 

3.  Whoever you are talking to, tell them you're just going to call Fedex

4.  Have you considered using a 3pl?

Let me know which one works.

Shay
Shopify Staff
2830 442 576

Hi @DeliciousFoodDe 

I'm sorry to hear about this experience you have had with UPS and that they weren't able to assist you with this package pickup. According the resources I have available, you should be able to schedule your pickup through your store admin. This step is required as it has to be processed through the Shopify business account that you are making use of.

You can learn more about scheduling a pickup and the number to call if a pickup is missed in our Help Center here:

Buying shipping labels in the United States · Shopify Help Center 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

DeliciousFoodDe
Visitor
2 0 0
You can only schedule one pick up a day in Shopify and for 100 packages or
less. We need them to pick up 5,000 boxes.
Shay
Shopify Staff
2830 442 576

Ah, I understand. I checked in with our shipping support and they also confirmed that limitation on the number of packages as well. They suggested to try scheduling the pickup through your personal UPS account as a work around for this. You may also have to look into delivering the packages to your local UPS post office in person.

I know that both of those answers are not ideal in this situation! I have provided feedback to our development team regarding this, but that limitation to the amount of packages is set by UPS and we don't have the ability to override it ourselves. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog