Can I change my failed payout details without old information?

kayleeganzhorn
Visitor
2 0 0

my payout failed to transfer. i cant change my routing and account number, i don’t remember what i put in before. can i change it without putting in the old information? 

Replies 3 (3)

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 108

Hello @kayleeganzhorn!

What you're describing likely occurred due to a typo when you initially added the account details - the system won't tell you there is an error and will accept the details whatever way you add them. You're not able to change or correct this through the settings yourself, but a member of our team will be able to help you out.

Please get in touch with us through this link here, that way our support will be able to look into it for you and help you make the change, which should then allow the payouts to go through successfully. The reason that I am redirecting you to our support link is because we are currently not able to look into account information via the Shopify Community.

On the topic of payouts - was this your first one, have you already made sales? If so, congrats! This is a very exciting time. I know you would like to prioritise sorting out your payouts and bank details first (which is totally understandable), but when you've got all that fixed, you could start looking ahead to the upcoming BFCM season! Just in case, I have some great pointers here on how you can Prepare for BFCM from last year which are still relevant and insightful! Do feel free to tell me a little more about your business and your products, and I will see if there is anything else I can suggest.

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

kayleeganzhorn
Visitor
2 0 0
i did already they can’t help

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 108

Sorry to hear that you weren't able to sort it out that way - could you let me know what steps you took with them? It is usually something the team can look into and help you change. Please make sure you did not miss any emails from there, check the spam/junk sections also. Any further context you can provide here would be super helpful! 

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog