FROM CACHE - en_header

url and domain name

Awaire
2 0 0

Hi

I have spent a week on this and am new to it all but am stuck so if anyone could please help.

I bought the domain name from 123reg which is currently redirecting/forwarding to mystoreXXXXXmyshopify.com I tried changing www.awaire.co.uk to primary domain but on shopify says SSL pending (has done for about 4 days now, although I have changed it back to third party domain currently) and if you go to awaire.co.uk says redirected too many time error 404 (I think that was the number).  Anyway I want my my bought domain my url on shopify and don't know how to do it including what to do at the 123reg redirection can anyone help please?

Reply 1 (1)
Andrew
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1644 163 299

Hi @Awaire

I understand that you've connected your third-party domain to Shopify, but that an SSL certificate has not been issued - is that correct?

If so, we're going to need to retrace the steps you took to connect your domain to Shopify in the first place. Here's the video walking through it all:

Could you please go through that and confirm that you've followed each step correctly? I suspect that you may have missed a step along the way because we cannot generate an SSL certificate if the connection is not secure - meaning our system has noticed the connection is not complete in your case!

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Andrew | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog