Re: Using Draft orders to create service requests

Solved

Using Draft orders to create service requests

Swinsbac
Tourist
6 0 6

Hi,

We have a Shopify store for selling pre-owned luxury watches which works very well for us. We are creating another Shopify site for watch repairs and services. This sight will not have any products, just an intake form to create a service request.

We would like to create quotes with draft orders and then when the customer approves the estimate, then create an actual order for the service. Sometimes the estimate will have to be adjusted back and forth with the customer. The problem is that in draft orders it is not allowing me to change the price of the quote.

Can someone suggest a better way or an app to achieve what we are looking to do?

Accepted Solution (1)

soulchild37
Shopify Partner
166 9 46

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Swinsbac ,

Are you using custom item in the draft order as the estimate / quote?

If yes, I think my app Draft Order Helper (https://apps.shopify.com/draft-helper) can help you.

After installing the app, you can go to your draft order, click "More actions" on the top right, select "Edit custom item info".

And then you can click "Edit price", to edit the price of the custom item, and click "Apply changes to current draft" to save the new price of the estimate.

c1.png

c2.png

Hope this can help you!

Regards,

Axel Kee

Spent too much support time dealing with order cancellation request from customer? Wouldn't it be good if customer can cancel order on their own without bugging your support? Try out Cancellable app! https://apps.shopify.com/cancellable . I also write articles about store customization that can improve your customer shopping experience here : Yagi Software Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @Swinsbac.

I appreciate you bringing your question to us here. I can definitely see how this would be useful for you. Let's work on finding a solution together. 

For some additional context, you can edit a draft order as long as you do not mark it as paid, mark it as pending, or pay for it using a customer's billing information. For example, you can create a draft order, along with an invoice and leave the draft order open. You can enter the customer's information so that you can find the draft order quickly to make adjustments. If you need to add a custom price, you can use the 'add a custom item' option. When you hear back from the customer, you can make changes to the draft order and resend the invoice as seen here: 

Once there is an agreed-on price, you can send the invoice again with a link to the checkout page. Your customer can use the link in the email to enter billing information, select a shipping method, and submit payment. When you accept payment for draft order, it becomes an order on the Orders page. At that point, you wouldn't be able to edit the order. 

Would it work for you to leave the draft order open while you discuss a final price? Looking forward to hearing back from you, so that we can continue to work on this together.

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Luna
Shopify Staff
712 67 108

Hey, @Swinsbac.

I'm checking in to make sure you're getting the support you need. Was my response helpful? If not, I'm more than happy to continue working on this together.

Warmly, 

Luna | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Swinsbac
Tourist
6 0 6

Thank you. This is one way to go about it. Someone else suggested an app that does exactly what I am looking for.

soulchild37
Shopify Partner
166 9 46

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Swinsbac ,

Are you using custom item in the draft order as the estimate / quote?

If yes, I think my app Draft Order Helper (https://apps.shopify.com/draft-helper) can help you.

After installing the app, you can go to your draft order, click "More actions" on the top right, select "Edit custom item info".

And then you can click "Edit price", to edit the price of the custom item, and click "Apply changes to current draft" to save the new price of the estimate.

c1.png

c2.png

Hope this can help you!

Regards,

Axel Kee

Spent too much support time dealing with order cancellation request from customer? Wouldn't it be good if customer can cancel order on their own without bugging your support? Try out Cancellable app! https://apps.shopify.com/cancellable . I also write articles about store customization that can improve your customer shopping experience here : Yagi Software Blog
Swinsbac
Tourist
6 0 6

Thank you. This is perfect. Exactly what I want to do.