New Shopify Certification now available: Liquid Storefronts for Theme Developers

Using one email address for two shops - email already taken error

tpiggott
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi, I am trying to use one email account for two stores. I have read that this can be done, however when I try to add an email address to the second store I receive 'This email is already taken' error - have tried different browsers. Thanks for any help

Replies 3 (3)
Dirk
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2081 234 476

Hey, @tpiggott 

Happy to help. Just to confirm, do you mind sharing a screenshot the error you are receiving?

Also, its important to note that, if you want one email to be associated with multiple stores, you will wanted to be logged in first before you sign-up for a new free trial. That way, once you log in, you will have the option to create a store:

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

tpiggott
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Dirk, thank you for the prompt response. I have attached a screenshot as requested. Unfortunately, we (this is on behalf of a client) have already created two stores, both are live. We are hoping to utilise the smartphone app, and realise that we need to have the same email address for both stores in order to easily switch between both - that's the aim here anyway! Is the anyway that this can be achieved with two already live sites? Thanks again for the help! Kind regards, Trevor Screenshot.png

tpiggott
Visitor
3 0 0

Did the screenshot upload?