Using Sms notifications for draft orders

PamDigital
Shopify Partner
66 2 12

Hello,

Our clients are using draft orders in order to collect orders in one place. So as we see if we create a draft order we can send e-mail notifications but we can't use the same  for sms notifications. I think bringing this feauture to platform will be awesome. What do you guys think about it ?draft.JPG

Replies 12 (12)

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @PamDigital!

Rae from Shopify here. Thank you for reaching out with this suggestion, and welcome to the Community. 

At the moment, SMS notifications can only be sent for orders that were placed through the online checkout directly, rather than via draft orders. However, I'm interested in learning more about your client's workflow to get a better understanding of your request. Are all your client's orders placed via draft orders, or do they accept any orders placed by customers directly through their checkout? Is there a specific reason why your client prefers to work with SMS notifications, as opposed to email notifications? 

Once I have these details, I can make sure to pass along your feedback to our teams so that they're aware of how this is impacting your client, and how this process could potentially be improved. 

In the meantime, I recommend keeping an eye on our Announcements page and our changelog to stay up to date with new feature releases and additions. This is the best place to find out about any updates we release for our platform, so it's great to periodically check back on these pages. 

I look forward to hearing back from you with more details about the notifications, and what your client requires. 

Thanks! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

PamDigital
Shopify Partner
66 2 12

Hi @Rae ,

Thanks for your help. 

My client is taking %80 of their orders from Instagram via DM or Whatsapp. So we wanted to collect all orders on one platform and realized that we could do this on Shopify. Thats why my client is entering draft orders for orders which are taken from Instagram. Even tho our customers who are they using online checkout directly can't get SMS NOTIFICATIONS because  my payment systems which are working with shopify such as iyzico.com are just working with e-mail logs. When I activate the sms method in my direct orders, my payment method gives an error and does not work. Thus to solve this problem i had to deactivate SMS notifications.

Second reason is my client's customers don't use email much. When my client creates the draft order he is sending them an e-mail but after that customer asks again if the order has been received or not. Thats why SMS NOTIFICATIONS at panel would be awesome for us. I have sent a request by chat like 2 months ago they told me that they will pass this to dev team but we are still waiting for this feature...

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @PamDigital!

Thank you for following up with this information. I understand how important this feature is for your client's business. 

At this time, SMS notifications from Shopify are only sent on orders placed via the online checkout, rather than via draft orders. However, your client may be able to use an app to send these notifications instead. With this in mind, I recommend checking out SMS Notifications by Shipway, as well as SMS Notifications by Maestrooo, to see if these options will suit your client's needs. Please keep in mind that these are both third party apps, so if you have any questions about the functionality or billing of these apps, I suggest reaching out to the app developers directly for more information. 

I'm glad to hear that you submitted feedback about this via our live chat already. I will certainly ensure your feedback has been received on our end. We use this type of information to build and improve our platform, so I appreciate you sharing your thoughts on this. While I can't guarantee that any changes will be made to this feature, if we do update things, we will share this information on our changelog and on our Announcements page

If there's anything else I can help with, please let me know! 

Bry-AxG
Visitor
2 0 2

+1 to adding this feature to Shopify.
We have the same case, were we collect all orders in one platform (Shopify via draft orders). and most of our customers are updated in SMS notification rather than email.
Hope you can add this feature in the Shopify. Thank you.

AIS32
Visitor
1 0 1

+1 to adding this feature as well.

Some of our customers prefer to order via text/IG message and having the ability to send an SMS notification on draft orders would be great!

Bry-AxG
Visitor
2 0 2

I think Shopify already updated this feature.

Our store successfully sent order confirmation via SMS with draft order created.

Just update the customer profile and make sure to add mobile number before marking the order as "pending"; and the system will automatically send SMS order confirmation.
draft order.png

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, all! 

Thank you for reaching out in this thread to share your feedback. 

As @Bry-AxG mentioned, this feature has now been added to our platform! This means that any customer who enters a phone number into the checkout when making payment on a draft order invoice can receive SMS notifications.

Draft order invoices can be sent via email, or through a checkout link on our mobile app. If the customer chooses to enter a phone number into the checkout when completing payment on their invoice, they will receive an SMS notification with their order confirmation. You can check out the screenshot provided by @Bry-AxG above to get an idea of how this will look on the order timeline

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions or concerns about this. 

Best, 

CocoaAndCream
Visitor
2 0 1

Thanks but what I mean is a direct method to text the invoice from Shopify to the customer for payment. Currently I am copying and sending the checkout link. 

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @CocoaAndCream

I appreciate your quick follow up on this. 

To clarify, are you sharing a checkout link with customers via text by using the Shopify mobile app and following these steps? If so, are you looking for a way to text the entire invoice to your customers instead?

I'm happy to share your feedback on this with our team once I hear back from you! 

CocoaAndCream
Visitor
2 0 1

We definitely need this feature; so many orders come from DMs.

320hss
Excursionist
17 0 14

I can't believe this is not working still in 2023 SHM...😂

MrTyreOnline
Visitor
1 0 0

Yip - I just assumed that Shopify would have this feature of sending a Customer an Invoice Link via Text/SMS as a standard feature. Not even a feature in 2023. Crazy.

Unfortunatley I think too much is pushed back to app developers to build basic add ons and charge us $$. 

Come on Shopify - email is fast becoming what a Fax Machine was 10/15 years ago