Visitor
2 0 0

why vape store product disapproved by google

Replies 3 (3)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2830 442 576

Hi @jamevape 

Great question! Vape products usually fall into the categories "Recreational Drugs" or "Tobacco". These categories are not supported for advertising across many platforms as it goes against their terms of service or acceptable use policy. 

For Google, you can find that information here: Dangerous products or services - Advertising Policies Help. Recreational drugs are generally not legal in most states/countries and tobacco products cannot be advertised to minors. These are also considered high risk products by many platforms as well.

You will need to do some research to find acceptable platforms to advertise your products on or find alternative methods of creating site traffic. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

jamevape
Visitor
2 0 0
Shay
Shopify Staff
2830 442 576

Hi @jamevape 

To protect the privacy of our merchants I am not able to speak to other stores on the platform or confirm if those stores listed in that external site are hosted by Shopify. 

I would like to clarify though that having your store hosted on Shopify and advertising your store are two separate factors. Shopify allows the sale of some of these products if your business is eligible to do so and you can host a business that sells Vape products on Shopify. 

We have no control over the advertising rules or limitations of the sales channels you may try to use. We can't make Google or Facebook change their advertising policies as they are their own separate platforms. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog