Variants on IOS Safari Browser not working

themortalsoul
Visitor
2 0 0

When opening up product page in safari and trying to change variant, no event is triggered and all the attributes of the product remains the same. This is just happening on safari, checked on chrome and edge, everything is working fine. Can someone please help on this ?

my website is : https://themortalosul.com

Replies 3 (3)

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

Hey @themortalsoul!

I'd be curious to know if we can isolate what you're seeing to your device or browser. If you're able to make changes on one browser but not another, it means this is likely a local error. Would you mind testing a few things for me?

• Clear your cache and cookies - When you use a browser, like Safari, it saves some information from websites in its cache and cookies. Clearing them fixes certain problems, like loading or formatting issues on sites.

• Ensure your Safari browser is up to date.

• Try an Incognito window.

• Try completing the same steps on your phone, using data rather than WiFi.

Also, I have just attempted to access your website themortalosul.com and am met with the following error:

21-10-jotfq-4jggt

You will need to adjust some of the domain records to resolve this DNS error, then your website will be back up and running!

Have you purchased or connected a domain to your store recently?

To access your website domain section click Online Store > Domains and see what the current status of the domain looks like. Does the domain say Connected, Not Connected, or Action Required?

If it says Not Connected, you'll want to make sure your DNS settings are pointed to Shopify. If you've purchased your domain through a third party, then you need to edit the following DNS settings:

• Your A record should point to Shopify's IP address, which is 23.227.38.65

• Your www CNAME record should point to shops.myshopify.com

If the domain says Action Required, click on it and follow the instruction provided in the admin. Often times it's related to email verification. You may see a yellow banner that allows you to resend the verification email. If this is what you see, go ahead and resend the email, and follow the prompts found in said email.

TIP: If you want to manage all of your domain settings directly in your Shopify admin without accessing a third-party provider, you can also transfer your domain to Shopify. You will then be able to adjust your domain settings, create subdomains, pay for your domain, and renew your domain on the Domains page.

If you purchased your domain directly from Shopify, one of our support advisors will be able to directly look into your account and resolve the error. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Looking forward to hearing how that goes!

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

themortalsoul
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello Moira,

Thank you for your reply. I have purchased my domain from Godaddy.com and it is live from past 3 years. I have made a lot of sales in past few months and have not received any domain specific issue. As you mentioned, status is connected.

On the below points mentioned

• Clear your cache and cookies - When you use a browser, like Safari, it saves some information from websites in its cache and cookies. Clearing them fixes certain problems, like loading or formatting issues on sites. - Tried, it works the first time and then the problem remains

• Ensure your Safari browser is up to date. - Up to date

• Try an Incognito window. - Tried, same result

• Try completing the same steps on your phone, using data rather than WiFi. - Tried Same result.

I have tested my website on chrome on both mobile and windows version and it works perfectly fine. It works great on edge too. On ipad safari it works as expected, but not on mobile safari.

The issue is same as mentioned on this thread.

https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-scripts/variants-on-ios-safari-browser-not-working/td-p/4460...

I am attaching relevant documents here.

Thank you

Moira
Shopify Staff
2040 223 323

@themortalsoul 

My apologies, the URL shared in your original post was misspelt, I have just taken a look at https://themortalsoul.com/ via mobile safari browser and am having the exact issue you have stated. Upon a further inspection of your website, I believe this could be related to your custom theme. 

We'll want to investigate this further as variants should be changing once triggered. Our Technical Support can check logs to see where the issue is but will require that you supply an estimated time for when you first noticed that variant selections weren't working. Timeframes (the smaller the better) will be required in order for our teams to review the logs.

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog