Verification email

Solved
Arto123
2 1 0

I'm trying to set up my shopify account and I go to verify my email, I click verify in my emails and it say the link has expired, when I try to resend the email it just sends me to the help page and doesn't send me a new verification email. Any help would be great thanks 

Accepted Solutions (2)

Accepted Solutions
Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1352 164 200

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @Arto123,

Welcome to the Shopify Community!

I'd like to check a couple of things with you here, to see if we can rule out some possible issues leading to the behavior you outlined:

• If the link keeps redirecting to the home page, try opening the link in Chrome Incognito mode.
  • Could you let me know if the domain in question is a .co.uk domain, or if the email address you're using is provided by Yahoo or AOL?
  • I'd also check if the email address you wish to verify is under the custom domain you're trying to verify, ie info@yourdomainname.com where you are trying to verify 'yourdomainname.com', as this would lead to issues with email verification.

Wherever possible, we would advise using a Gmail account for verification purposes, as they tend not to run into these issues.

As this is your first post in the Shopify Community I would like to welcome you! I would recommend reading our guide on getting support from the Shopify Community here so you are best equipped when looking for support through these forum boards. We also have this great Introduction to Shopify section of our Help Center and a YouTube Channel which is jam-packed with how-to guides to help you get set up faster. What is it that you are selling with Shopify? 

Moira | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Arto123
2 1 0

Thank you! the incognito mode worked 

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)
Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1352 164 200

Hey @Arto123,

Welcome to the Shopify Community!

I'd like to check a couple of things with you here, to see if we can rule out some possible issues leading to the behavior you outlined:

• If the link keeps redirecting to the home page, try opening the link in Chrome Incognito mode.
  • Could you let me know if the domain in question is a .co.uk domain, or if the email address you're using is provided by Yahoo or AOL?
  • I'd also check if the email address you wish to verify is under the custom domain you're trying to verify, ie info@yourdomainname.com where you are trying to verify 'yourdomainname.com', as this would lead to issues with email verification.

Wherever possible, we would advise using a Gmail account for verification purposes, as they tend not to run into these issues.

As this is your first post in the Shopify Community I would like to welcome you! I would recommend reading our guide on getting support from the Shopify Community here so you are best equipped when looking for support through these forum boards. We also have this great Introduction to Shopify section of our Help Center and a YouTube Channel which is jam-packed with how-to guides to help you get set up faster. What is it that you are selling with Shopify? 

Arto123
2 1 0

Thank you! the incognito mode worked 

Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1352 164 200

Great to hear @Arto123! I suggest clearing your browser cache and making sure you are operating on the latest version of Google Chrome. When you use a browser, like Chrome, it saves some information from websites in its cache and cookies. Clearing them fixes certain problems, like loading or formatting issues on sites.

search35
2 0 0

Since I did have my email verification sent to an info@yourdomainname.com address for my store, is there a way to resend the verification to my actual gmail or yahoo address?

Moira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1352 164 200

Hey @search35!

If you're not getting the email, then it's likely that the email is bouncing, or your email is blocking the verification email from getting in. If you're using a custom email, then I'd check to ensure that you have it set up correctly. 

If your email is set up correctly, then I'd recommend contacting our Support so they can speak with our Technical Support. They can look into the logs to determine if the emails are being sent and if they are bouncing back. Once they know that, they can provide additional steps on how to troubleshoot this further. 

Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.