Can you verify an online store for potential fraud?

Kamilb
Visitor
2 0 0

Good morning, can you verify the online store operating on your platform for fraud? I suspect the product being sold is virtual. The online store does not have any company address details, etc.

https://pixelblock.us/

Replies 3 (3)

Rick
Shopify Staff
946 88 146

Hi there @Kamilb 

Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the Shopify Community.

I understand that you would like to verify if a store might be fraudulent - well done for being cautious about online shopping. I am unable to directly confirm if a store is using Shopify or not, as that would be a breach of merchant privacy and confidentiality. Have you placed an order on this store and didn't receive it maybe, or are you just inquiring about the store before placing an order?

A store is not required to include any company address details on their website, as it is up to their own discretion as to what information they want to publicly communicate, so that alone would not generally indicate any fraudulent activity. It does appear that they have a frequently asked questions page here, and also a contact us page here where you can submit a query - I would suggest doing so if you have any concerns or questions you wish to ask the store.

I can confirm that we do take instances of fraud very seriously on Shopify, and often take measures against stores that might be breaching our rules. If you believe this store in question is operating on Shopify and is fraudulent, then I would encourage you to reach out to our support team using this link here so we can gather the required evidence from you and pass it on to the relevant team. I would also encourage you to check out this resource here which contains lots of information about how to shop safely online. 

Rick | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Kamilb
Visitor
2 0 0
Hello,

Please see, the online store is no longer working... https://pixelblock.us/
and the configuration points to you.

Currently, the online store operates under a new domain and still the same
practice ... cheating. I just filed a complaint with my bank about the
transaction and I am going to prosecute these scammers.

https://pixelblock.online/ this is a new store... and I believe they will
remove and reinstall like this every time.
Rick
Shopify Staff
946 88 146

Hi @Kamilb 

Thanks for reaching back out.

I tried accessing both of those URLs you provided, and they appear to be working OK and load online stores which I can access and browse etc. As I mentioned previously, I cannot confirm if either online store is using Shopify or not.

From what you have described, it sounds like you have previously placed an order on the store and it didn't work out for you? It is certainly never an ideal situation when an online purchase doesn't go as planned.

I understand you have contacted your bank to dispute the transaction - we would usually recommend doing this if you haven't received your order or heard back from the store within 30 days. We also recommend submitting a buyer complaint using this link here, and as previously mentioned you can report the store to us directly if you believe the store is operating on Shopify fraudulently. 

Please do let me know if there's any other questions I can help you with - I do hope this situation gets resolved soon for you.

Rick | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog