Solved

Can I sell a virtual course and automate delivery on Shopify?

LloydSpencer
Shopify Partner
19 0 0

Hello,

I was wondering whether it's possible to sell a virtual course on Shopify.

I want to be able to send a customer an automated email with a course attached when they purchase the virtual product. A specific course document would ideally be attached to a product and when it's purchased, they recieve it an email.

Please would somebody be able to enlighten me with best solution for this scenario.

Accepted Solution (1)

Victor
Shopify Staff
2451 226 522

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @LloydSpencer,

Thank you for getting in touch and yes, this is absolutely possible. Many merchants sell digital goods via Shopify and what you're looking for should be achievable via the Digital Downloads app. The app allows you to link digital files to your products and then delivers the file to your customers when they make a purchase. They will be able to access the file immediately after purchase, and will also receive a download link sent to their email. You'll just need to provide a single document that can be linked to the product via the app, and this is what will be provided to the customer.

You can refer to our documentation on the app which provides instructions on how to get it set up and how to use it on your store. Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Victor
Shopify Staff
2451 226 522

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @LloydSpencer,

Thank you for getting in touch and yes, this is absolutely possible. Many merchants sell digital goods via Shopify and what you're looking for should be achievable via the Digital Downloads app. The app allows you to link digital files to your products and then delivers the file to your customers when they make a purchase. They will be able to access the file immediately after purchase, and will also receive a download link sent to their email. You'll just need to provide a single document that can be linked to the product via the app, and this is what will be provided to the customer.

You can refer to our documentation on the app which provides instructions on how to get it set up and how to use it on your store. Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog